Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 11:59 AM

Brexit Again

I see in todays papers that the EU is suggesting that after we finally leave, the British should need visas to visit Europe. If that means all the Europeans will not be able to come and go here as they wish, would that be a price worth paying?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 12:00 PM

Re: Brexit Again

I would be very surprised if that was not the case, we cannot expect the beat of two Worlds can we?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 12:10 PM

Hi

An inevitable consequence of leaving.

We restrict them, they restrict us.

I am surprised that anyone would think otherwise.

We are insistent that we will not accept anyone with a Criminal Record from the EU into the UK.

They will do the same, I would.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 07:17 AM

What do you think of the Hard Exit theory? That is to say , get out now, take complete control of our borders and laws etc, and forget about the single market. As it stands the rest of the EU stands to lose more than us without any trade deal. They export billions more to us than we do to them. Instead of us worrying about getting a good deal to keep the single market, how about letting the EU worry about where their exports should go.

The other side of the argument is of course, the number of foreign owned companies that came here as an entry point into the EU.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
What do you think of the Hard Exit theory? That is to say , get out now, take complete control of our borders and laws etc, and forget about the single market. As it stands the rest of the EU stands to lose more than us without any trade deal. They export billions more to us than we do to them. Instead of us worrying about getting a good deal to keep the single market, how about letting the EU worry about where their exports should go.
I would do that, the sooner the better. The EU laws could be taken on en masse then gradually weeded through and retained or discarded as appropriate.

The other side of the argument is of course, the number of foreign owned companies that came here as an entry point into the EU.
Swings and roundabouts , we would then negotiate separately with each country/company and 'win some lose some' which will happen anyway no matter how long we faff about with the leaving process. At the moment all members of the EU are faced with a state of uncertainty over what will happen when we do leave and that is no good to anyone.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK

11-09-2016, 11:34 AM

All agreed Meg. the longer it goes on, the more I worry about Theresa May "watering it down". Let's get up and at them.

All the countries looking for trade deals with us - How long are they prepared to wait while we dither.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->

I completely agree with that.

I'm willing to take some chances, and even to lose some money, if it means we can get out of this corrupt organisation right now.

I fear the scaremongers are still trying to deter us from leaving with their 'words of warning'. That didn't deter us from voting, though, did it?

I'm not sure why some foreign-owned companies felt it best to come to the UK as an entry point into the EU. If they wanted that, why not Germany or another EU country? Perhaps there's something about this country that they find attractive, in or out of the Fourth Reich.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 04:28 PM

Hi

First of all can we please think about the they have more to lose than we do thing.

This, is a long read, but explains things.

http://www.niesr.ac.uk/blog/after-br...u#.V9Vx6ZgrJNA

We have a massive amount of stuff to do, just to take back our Borders, never mind anything else.

More haste , less speed.

We cannot even do new trade deals until we have rejoined the WTO in our own right, not as part of the EU.

There are massive amounts of things we can and should be doing now, such as setting up more training for our own to replace those we will be stopping from coming hear.

It will take time to train them, the sooner we do, the sooner we can seriously cut back on Immigration.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

First of all can we please think about the they have more to lose than we do thing.

This, is a long read, but explains things.

http://www.niesr.ac.uk/blog/after-br...u#.V9Vx6ZgrJNA

We have a massive amount of stuff to do, just to take back our Borders, never mind anything else.

More haste , less speed.

We cannot even do new trade deals until we have rejoined the WTO in our own right, not as part of the EU.

There are massive amounts of things we can and should be doing now, such as setting up more training for our own to replace those we will be stopping from coming hear.

It will take time to train them, the sooner we do, the sooner we can seriously cut back on Immigration.
It has now been almost 3 months since the date of the referendum and while I appreciate it takes time to recruit negotiators to set the wheels in motion , I would like to see some evidence of a little more speed and less haste now please .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

11-09-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It has now been almost 3 months since the date of the referendum and while I appreciate it takes time to recruit negotiators to set the wheels in motion , I would like to see some evidence of a little more speed and less haste now please .
Hi

They have had to set up an entire new Department, get an office and the requisite IT systems, telephones etc etc.

It is here

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...european-union

You can follow the progress there.

Cameron resigned straight away, so nothing could be done until we got a new PM, who then had to appoint a new Cabinet.

There is a lot that has been achieved since she became Prime Minister on 16th July.

The biggest problem has been the three Brexiteers themselves, they could not agree a strategy amongst themselves as to what they wanted,

She seems to have got some sort of agreement for them to adhere to.

To my mind there is no point in triggering Article 50 until they have got the new department in it's office and fully staffed.

I know others will disagree, but this is my view.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top