Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:20 PM

Re: EU Democratic Appointments

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Reference to the 1950's was a reference to your mind set, not a reference to the EU. A time that brexiters keep harping back to.

If you have trouble with English you need to do something about it.
I don’t think it’s his first language
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I don’t think it’s his first language

Wrong again
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Reference to the 1950's was a reference to your mind set, not a reference to the EU. A time that brexiters keep harping back to.

If you have trouble with English you need to do something about it.

Another version ....
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Another version ....

Time for your tablets I think
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are right. The EU moves in another direction. Under the guidance of women, no less.
Von der Leyen was brought up in Brussels as the daughter of Heidi and Ernst Albrecht, the latter of whom was a senior German politician who worked in the commission in the 1950s. She has in the past spoken of her aim of a “United States of*Europe*– along the lines of federal states like Switzerland, Germany or the US”, and has backed a future European army or “army of Europeans”.

On Brexit, she has fully supported the commission’s position on the Northern Irish backstop, and criticised the “hollow promises” of those who campaigned for the UK to leave the EU.

Boris may find her a bit too much to chew.
Now, if you had said Theresa May, I may well have agreed with you. Boris? he will chew her and spit her out! She can expect no mercy.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:08 PM

Your version of history goes back to the 50's, the time in which most brexiters normally exist in.

McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence.

Reds under the bed eh????
Aahh, but those brexiteers who you believe still live in the 50's, have certainly given you and the corrupt EU the long awaited kick in the teeth all the same.

You will never win. You mess with Babyboomers at your peril.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-07-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
He is obsessed by the EU. Probably a case of denial. Treat him gentle.

(Denial is necessary if the acceptation of the truth causes too much secondary damage. This is a normal and sometimes even a physical process. The reality is too difficult to absorb. Only at a later stage does reality penetrate and the awareness of the new reality comes.
This process will often take place. You do not want others to know that you have made a wrong choice. It's hard to go back on your paces. You go on too long, often under pressure from the "social" environment.)
I'm sure you're reading that from a script Solascch.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I'm sure you're reading that from a script Solascch.
I had to translate it from one of the textbooks used for my studies.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Aahh, but those brexiteers who you believe still live in the 50's, have certainly given you and the corrupt EU the long awaited kick in the teeth all the same.

You will never win. You mess with Babyboomers at your peril.
Aahh, I see you've managed to get out of your rocking chair again, at least it would appear that you understood what I was getting at, which is more than bread seems to be able to do.

Poor chap
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-07-2019, 06:52 PM

Aahh, I see you've managed to get out of your rocking chair again, at least it would appear that you understood what I was getting at, which is more than bread seems to be able to do.

Poor chap

It's because your always wrong.

You want the Euro you said it is great when you go on holiday because you dont lose money each country you go in.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top