Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:45 PM

Re: Brexit and Fishing

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Your friends from greenpeace confirm my statement and denounce yours.

Government Fisheries Bill – Greenpeace response

Government fails to confirm that fishing opportunities will be shared fairly on transparent environmental, social and economic criteria

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/news/g...eace-response/
Because Greenpeace don't make up the policy, we do.

If you think Greenpeace support the CFP then, quite frankly, your off your head and if your actually read their article you will find they have turned into AntiFa
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Because Greenpeace don't make up the policy, we do.
Thank you for denouncing post # 14 by donkeyman.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 04:44 PM

Thank you for denouncing post # 14 by donkeyman.
DM was asking "why not Green Peace ?" contributing to UK environmental policies in his post - what's wrong with that ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 05:01 PM

DM was asking "why not Green Peace ?" contributing to UK environmental policies in his post - what's wrong with that ?
DM said: they (politicians) can promulgate laws and pass them into law
but the fishermans organisations direct them what to pass etc?
I am sure the fishermen will follow scientific guidelines in this?

Those scientific guidelines are proposed by greenpeace and others. They say less fishing, make sactuaries for fish.

Your answer to all this: they don't make the policy, we do.

So much for DM proposal of guidelines followed by fishermen, dictating what politicians can promulgate.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-01-2020, 05:22 PM

Those scientific guidelines are proposed by greenpeace and others. They say less fishing, make sactuaries for fish.

So much for DM proposal of guidelines followed by fishermen, dictating what politicians can promulgate.
Fishermans organisations ? What are these you are on about now ?

Can you stop your nonsense please ? Its getting really boring and your just wasting my time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-01-2020, 05:45 PM

Fishermans organisations ? What are these you are on about now ?

Can you stop your nonsense please ? Its getting really boring and your just wasting my time.
Fishermans organisations? Ask DM he mentioned them in his post, which I quote.

For the time being you sre best helped here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/...tical-thinking
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 05:12 PM

What problem do you have with the sentence you quote Solly?
I will break it down for you to make it easier for you!
1/ enviroment & science set the parameters of sustainable fishing
practice.
2/ The fishing community debate the methods etc of maintaining
these parameters and allocating the share of the catch
3/ Advise gov of their decisions and what they need to do to achieve
these objectives. Gov then legislates and passes this into law!
What could be simpler?
If the enviromental factors cause the catches to decrease, so be it!
Thats the idea!
Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 05:43 PM

You can guarantee that countries such as France, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium, who all depend on the rich pickings from UK fishing grounds, will be fighting hard to retain their generous EU quotas. France especially from their largest fishing port, Boulgne-sur-Mer, spend 80% of their time in UK waters. They aren’t going to give that up easily. It would make me laugh if I wasn’t so angry, When negotiations were taking place in 1973, haughty France, who never wanted us to join in the first place, were objecting to us joining all through the negotiations - until the subject of fishing rights came up and they realised they would benefit the most from the rich picking from our waters.

As I see it, if Boris gives in or defers the decision over our fishing rights by the end of 2020, he needn’t think he will sail though. I can definitely see Scottish Tory MP’s who support fishing ports, causing mayhem for him. Fishing rights in the trade negotiations is going to be bloody and very toxic. The word RAGE will come to the fore from both sides.

Get your tin helmets on!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-01-2020, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You can guarantee that countries such as France, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium, who all depend on the rich pickings from UK fishing grounds, will be fighting hard to retain their generous EU quotas. France especially from their largest fishing port, Boulgne-sur-Mer, spend 80% of their time in UK waters. They aren’t going to give that up easily. It would make me laugh if I wasn’t so angry, When negotiations were taking place in 1973, haughty France, who never wanted us to join in the first place, were objecting to us joining all through the negotiations - until the subject of fishing rights came up and they realised they would benefit the most from the rich picking from our waters.

As I see it, if Boris gives in or defers the decision over our fishing rights by the end of 2020, he needn’t think he will sail though. I can definitely see Scottish Tory MP’s who support fishing ports, causing mayhem for him. Fishing rights in the trade negotiations is going to be bloody and very toxic. The word RAGE will come to the fore from both sides.

Get your tin helmets on!
It's very simple. UK fishermen need EU harbours harder than EU harbours need UK fishermen.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 11:43 AM

Hi

I do not think Boris is serious about fishing.

If he was orders would already have been placed for the vessels required and staff would have been advertised for and in training.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top