Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 08:14 PM

Re: Stunned

Hello Steve

Your house has sold "just like that"!.......what doers that tell you? Luck? No..........no such thing. Learn and move on. Take it off the market and go take a look at other properties like yours - forget their price tag, just look. It could be that spending £10K on your property could bring in £30K. Just look at the way other properties like yours are marketed. Learn from that. Look at properties you'd like to buy. NEVER be in a hurry to move. Look and Learn. When you're ready and have your own moving plan ready, then consider how you'll market your house..............maybe you'll have it all painted white, or otherwise market it, and you won't know how to do that until you've seen how other properties are marketed!
My exhusband was stupid enough to sell our house without any research at all. Eighteen months later it re-sold for an additional £1.35K!!!! Idiotic!!!!

AND......you may wish to consider moving into a rented property for just six months, before buying something - which makes you a no chain seller and a no chain buyer - a great negotiating position.

If anyone tries to gazunder you - you'll be in a perfect position to explain what "take a hike" means!

Good luck.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 09:12 PM

How can he take it off the market if it's sold?

1.35K isn't that £1,350 ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It seems to be what people do these days I know Steve well enough now to know he would be too much of a gentleman and honourable to do it.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 09:30 PM

it seems today there is no such thing as honour where money is involved julie
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

1.35K isn't that £1,350 ?
It's not sold until exchange of contracts! Most people are well aware of that.

As for honour - it doesn't exist in the property market!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 07:48 AM

It should. it should exist anywhere an honourable person operates or they cannot be called honourable. A lot of heart ache goes on when people renege on deals whether a written contract has been signed or not, why can't people do what they verbally agree ? would any of us like that happening to us ? I think not so why do it to others ?
Lindyloo
isle of wight

25-07-2015, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It should. it should exist anywhere an honourable person operates or they cannot be called honourable. A lot of heart ache goes on when people renege on deals whether a written contract has been signed or not, why can't people do what they verbally agree ? would any of us like that happening to us ? I think not so why do it to others ?
I agree, but the fact is, it doesn't! In the same way as we'd never suspect our MP of fiddling his expenses or politicians negotiating deals which quietly satisfy their own agendas!
When my ex husband and I sold the marital home we accepted an offer from the buyers, who then reduced their offer by £30K one week before exchange of contract. It was a take it or leave it deal, quite possibly suggested by their agent. That's called gazundering - seriously disgusting behaviour - but it's become common when buying a house, which is why it's advantageous to move into rented before buying another house!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-07-2015, 08:17 AM

We had it happen to us too I still look back on the person who did it as very dishonourable and the way it affected us - homeless for nearly a year while we paid off the mortgage has shaped much of our lives since. People should be ashamed to do it and if more were honourable we could stop it happening.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 08:46 AM

I too think it's disgusting behaviour and should be outlawed!

If and when my flat goes on the market (and I have to sell at the HA's valuation, to another would be shared owner), I'm not accepting a penny less than what was originally agreed on. If they want to be greedy, I'll sit tight and wait. My plan is not to rush into a sheltered accommodation straight away, but to rent somewhere (even if it means going right outside London), then search for the best final home.

But I have to really want to do it. Not ready yet though it would certainly make things easier for my family, and for execution of my estate.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 09:26 AM

Surely if someone jumps up and reduces their offer with a take it or leave it attitude within a week of moving you tell them to Foxtrot Oscar!!
It means you have to stay put for a while longer and I suppose the chain breaks, but that happens a lot.

Lindyloo you actually meant £135,000 didn't you?? That is 135k no decimal point!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top