Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:42 PM

Re: How can I get motivated?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The trouble is, I am the man. Bathroom fitting is what I do for a living.
Know what you mean, thing of it is though, you are being PAID to fit other people"s B/Rooms.
There is an old saying "The cobbler"s children get their shoes mended last".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:48 PM

Yes, I was thinking along the lines of cobblers.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:57 PM

Oh my goodness, you are a card -- you !!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:47 AM

I have the same attitude to my own refurb works, longdogs. At the moment I'm trying to empty my bedroom to do it up, but it's a mammoth task as I'm on my own here.

The first part is the hardest, packing up stuff to store, sorting out what to throw away or sell, and no-one can really help with that. Then I have the job of finding some cardboard boxes (might have to give in and buy them), then deciding WHERE to store it all. Currently I'm thinking of a spare building on my allotment site (need to check with my committee), OR paying to go with the storage company about 2 miles away. Not the cheap option, but safer.

I don't have anyone to motivate me. And I get depressed thinking about the job ahead of me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 10:04 AM

hi Jazzi. I understand how difficult it is and I think the moving stuff around bit is the worst part. No sooner do I finish a room and make it look nice, then have to fill it with items from another room. A general lack of space I suppose.

Maybe we can keep this thread going and tell each other what we have achieved each day - however little.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 12:19 PM

Maybe we can keep this thread going and tell each other what we have achieved each day - however little.
Tsk Tsk ...I was expecting you to be absent for a few days and to return with glorious tales of your achievements in the bathroom and photos to match ....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Im with you Longdogs, as a sparky i hated doing electrical work in my own home, i would happily have a try at other things, but could never have the same enthusiasm for my electrical work.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 12:25 PM

hi Jazzi. I understand how difficult it is and I think the moving stuff around bit is the worst part. No sooner do I finish a room and make it look nice, then have to fill it with items from another room. A general lack of space I suppose.

I had the same problem till last year when I decide that's it, out with everything and all my big old furniture went to the YMCA. Such a good decision , no more moving loads of stuff around to clean and a bright clean minimalist house
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 12:48 PM

My OH is a roofer/builder and has no enthusiasm for working on the house - he has buillt 2 extensions but they took time as he too lost interest but im very good at the nagging
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Understandable then - more of the same
Hope you made a start today - the sooner you do, the sooner finished - hope all goes well for you

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top