Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Passion for cleaning my home.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Does anyone else share this passion with me?
It's like a therapy for me,it makes me feel calm and relaxed,when everything is clean and in order,...
Some great cleaning products on the market now,as well,those floor cleaning cloths are great and those disposable fluffy dusters,....I do hope I am not alone in my passion!....yes I know,some will call me "sad",
Personally I make a point of walking about my house without my glasses on because then it all looks pristine.

My Malaysian Chinese friend loves cleaning so much so that when she comes to stay my house is soon spotless (well, as spotless as a wooden house built in 1925 is ever going to get). I think she finds it therapeutic too - she is an accountant by profession.

She complains about carpet being impossible to clean properly and deplores the western habit of wearing shoes in the house, her house in Malaysia is all marble floors. In actual fact I only have two carpets the rest of the house is polished wooden floors.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=gumbud;1472912]are you all living without a man by any chance??[/QUOTE

That might have a lot to do with it,..some men,are more house proud than women.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=Bruce;1472930]Personally I make a point of walking about my house without my glasses on because then it all looks pristine.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:38 PM

Hoovering six times a day????????

I'm speechless!!

Mad mad mad I tell you!

Shave the dog!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:41 PM

where is this thread goin too?? - have we discussed the top floor yet or are you just bungalow living? - why am I doing this?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Hoovering six times a day????????

I'm speechless!!

Mad mad mad I tell you!

Shave the dog!!

..to be honest,ruthio,I have thought about it,but his skin is pink ,with brown mottled marks,....what would the neighbours think?..I shave Rosie ,her skin colouring is black.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
where is this thread goin too?? - have we discussed the top floor yet or are you just bungalow living? - why am I doing this?

Wait until you get into the loft!!..that's another story,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Does your wife enjoy cleaning LD?..I must say,cats do shed hair a lot,and they bring a lot of stuff in,attached to their fur don't they?
I don't think so, not really. She tends to do the dusting and I do the vacuuming. The cats just laugh at us and shed more hair.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:52 PM

there is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.

Quentin crisp

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:52 PM

Wait until you get into the loft!!..that's another story,
..You crazy Woman You...You'd love My loft Pauline cos there's absolutely nothing in it...but I hesitate to ask......Do You clean Yer loft too??

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top