Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Re: Driver fined over £400

Posted by Losos
Yes, I suppose this is all getting a bit tedious. As I mentioned I have in the past told people in my office about seeing a radar trap and warned them to go a different way or be careful. Technically I suppose I was commiting an 'obstructionn' offence every time I did so.

I agree, it is getting a bit tedious - but what you do/have done between friends and colleagues seems different to me - it is done in relative privacy - what the flasher was doing was in public, indiscrimately (oooeer flasher alert).
The police can't get you for what you say/do in private between colleagues - if they can everybody is in trouble Truce?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2011, 03:11 PM

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
On the subject of common sense, I thought I'd share this little gem with you...........

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend,

Mr. Common Sense.

Sense had been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons such as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Mr. Sense declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, she spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge financial settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
This passage is excellent mazzie and so true, but although not many attended the funeral, many will now visit his grave to lament his passing..
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
If you saw the police staking out the house of a neighbour they supected of drug dealing, would you go and warn the neighbour?

The speed limit is pretty clear. Why break it? Give us pedestrians a chance please.
Well Said.....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
The police can't get you for what you say/do in private between colleagues - if they can everybody is in trouble Truce?
Phew that's OK then Happy to call a truce, not that I felt we were ever at war 'tho

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top