Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Man charged for JO YEATES Murder

Just seen on the News that they have charged someone with the Murder of Jo Yeates.

What a relief this person as been caught.

It all seemed most strange how she disappeared (apparently without a struggle) from her flat and leaving keys and mobile etc behind.

So tragic.

Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:18 PM

Re: Man charged for JO YEATES Murder

I just hope that they have the right person and lock him up forever.

The laws in this country are to lenient and need to be tightened up so that people may think twice before committing a crime.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:25 PM

It is a relief that he has been charged, I live just a couple of miles away and I hope they have the right person this time - they had originally arrested the caretaker who lived in a flat in the house where she lived. The man charged lived in the flat next to Jo's.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:28 PM

I have never really understood when someone has committed an horrendous crime (murder) and is given a LIFE sentence, but very rarely does Life seem to mean Life!

Also do not understand why a Criminal who is given their sentence, is released for good behaviour. Should we not EXPECT good behaviour? Alternatively IF they should cause trouble, increase the sentence. Would that encourage more civilised and socially acceptable behaviour in Prisons?

Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
I have never really understood when someone has committed an horrendous crime (murder) and is given a LIFE sentence, but very rarely does Life seem to mean Life!

Also do not understand why a Criminal who is given their sentence, is released for good behaviour. Should we not EXPECT good behaviour? Alternatively IF they should cause trouble, increase the sentence. Would that encourage more civilised and socially acceptable behaviour in Prisons?

Rainbow
Lets just shoot them and save the tax payer loads of money.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 11:56 PM

The whole event has been tragic for all concerned including the poor landlord who had his name dragged through the mud
There was a time when names were never mentioned until someone was charged.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

23-01-2011, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The whole event has been tragic for all concerned including the poor landlord who had his name dragged through the mud
There was a time when names were never mentioned until someone was charged.

I found that odd too. They used to say someone was being held for questioning. Obviously did not name the person until they felt their investigations led to arrest.

Rainbow
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I`ll second that!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->

Dont think Barry George would agree with that.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->

Rainbow
You seem to be making two different points.

To address your second point.

Prisoners do have their sentences extended for unacceptable behaviour.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top