Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Re: Man charged for JO YEATES Murder

Originally Posted by dragon ->
I am guilty of using bold type and wasn't meant to be shouting either. Like rainbow: It was used to highlight a word or phrase I was trying to convey.
Not to mention the fact, it is easier for me to see the bolder print.
The fact is that when speaking face to face one naturally varies the volume (as you say it's a way of putting emphasis on the words you consider important)

It's very much more difficult on a chat forum, one can use emoticons but they are not really suitable for emphasizing words. The occasional word in upper case (CAPITALS) and the occassional word or sentance in bold is OK, at least I always thought it was.

What the LHM has said is that on the sites he controls permanent use of CAPITALS or the permanent use of bold is not acceptable. That seems reasonable to me.

Apologies tha this is resurecting an old thread and it's way off topic but couldn't resist a comment.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top