Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Re: Did you know you are a Pampered Pensioner now?

One thing about Heating Allowance I really don't understand is. Why are the Pensioners who have moved to Spain and the like being paid it? They certainly don't need it in a warm Country.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2011, 06:34 PM

Re: Did you know you are a Pampered Pensioner now?

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
The elderly have received special treatment and are more or less exempt from spending cuts, according to research by the Institute of Economic Affairs.
The think-tank is calling for the abolition of benefits that are not means-tested, such as free bus travel, free TV licences and the winter fuel allowance
Jeff Randal had someone from this think tank on his programme last night. He also had a lady representing the pensioners and IMO she ran rings round this bloke I can't remember the names but I do recall a cold shiver running down my spine as the IEA bloke was spouting his mumbo jumbo. Like most people I am not in a position to send back my winter heating allowance and when the temperatures are minus 20C outside I am extremely grateful for them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top