Join for free
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2011, 03:29 PM

Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, North Africa etc.

Rant on' I have spent quite a lot of time around North Africa amongst other places and have a relatively good knowledge of the infrastructure of the various countries. I am not an expert in any area but can comment on what I see.

Muammar Gaddafi, has ran a country quite successfully for over 40 years, bringing prosperity to his people. Like various Tunisian dictators, and Egyptians. State Pensions, Medical Care, unemployment benefit, Compulsory education etc.

These dictators have brought in and supported the masses.

Until a few weeks ago these people were our allies. Muammar Gaddafi has no borders to any African nation, he welcomes all to his land.

In Tunisia it can be hard to find someone who speaks English but most speak Arabic and France, a lot have been to Uni in France.

Sometimes I feel that I am in a dictatorship being that I am ruled from America or Europe, not from Whitehall.

Like many people living in the United Kingdom, I love the place and obey the Laws of the Land, pay taxes and NI. I do not cheat on the Nation I am living in and hope I give value to the land I live in. But my heart is in my Homeland in the Isle of Man, a country, that has not signed up to the Human Rights Act, so cannot become a full member of the EU. It has the oldest Parliament in the World, little to no Party Politics and is not so different from the North African countries. that are no longer nice to be friends with.

You hear, our tax money must be given to countries to stamp out terrorism, stop drug trafficking, how about a little home defense, stop the bombings, stop people being raped, stop the drug pushes, stop gun crime, educate our young, create a caring safe environment, Hospital, Schools, Better pensions, make our streets safe for an elderly person to walk down in the dark, I digress.

Bottom line is there is no better person to sort out what is going wrong than a local person, so do outsiders really need to stick their nose in and stir up a storm.

Rant off' LOL

Feel free to say something, not all people of the world, are at liberty to rant like this. LOL )
james
London, UK
james is male  james has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Re: Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, North Africa etc.

With Libya it was a question time appearance by Warsi that defined, for me, the Government attitude to this incursion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top