Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2011, 09:45 AM

Re: Paternity Pay

I don't know if it is as slow as that here Troopie, up to 40 months seems a very long time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Troopie ->
From my experience the tax office here work at snail pace unless you owe them, then they are on the ball.
That's pretty universal methinks Troopie...
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2011, 11:06 PM

I meant 40 weeks, sorry. Being self employed we have to lodge our taxes every 3 months. It seems like I'm always doing tax. Even on public holidays I have my hubby go over the figures with me to make sure I haven't made a mistake. I'm desperate for a holiday. A while back the ATO made a mistake and had to refund to us, they called it a mistake. I asked our accountant what it's called if I make an honest mistake. She said 'fraud', with a big fine! Go figure.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 08:22 AM

"However when he comes back, you can do all sorts of things to make him wish he'd never pulled this one. Perhaps he could be made "redundant" after returning a few weeks".

Elbee my friend, ever heard of the legal niceties of Unfair (Constructive) Dismissal or Unfair Selection for Redundancy??? - there is a vast body of case-precedent on both of those issues, and I would be very happy to represent the individual employee at an Employment Tribunal and claim a large sum from the employer in compensation.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

Elbee my friend, ever heard of the legal niceties of Unfair (Constructive) Dismissal or Unfair Selection for Redundancy??? - there is a vast body of case-precedent on both of those issues, and I would be very happy to represent the individual employee at an Employment Tribunal and claim a large sum from the employer in compensation.

Joe there is a way round those claims if an employer is lucky.
Check the employees CV and if there is one small descrepancy, no matter how small, the company can say the employee falsified their applicaton for the job.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 10:54 AM

Not if I'm watching Antibrown matey!!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 10:56 AM

The company could say the employee falsified their CV AB, but they would have to be lucky. If it was something minor, not done deliberately for advanrtage and was largely irrelevant, I don''t think that dismising someone on that basis would hold water - It would soon be realised what the employer's real motive was and then they could be in bother. Mistakes are made in contracts of employment every day, but employees don't say "Ah! I think I will get my employer for this" - it normally just gets put right so everyone is happy.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I would be very happy to represent the individual employee at an Employment Tribunal and claim a large sum from the employer in compensation.
What is it about employers and business that you hate so much Joe? Don't they provide employment and therefore wealth for the individual? Don't they provide wealth for the nation through paying taxes on their profits? Where would society be without business, employers and profit, all three of which seem like dirty words to you! Seems to me, as ever, that your politics are just envy and spite.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

05-04-2011, 07:55 PM

If employers behaved themselves and played to the rules society lays down for them, there would be no problem, but we both know that they try to cut corners and exploit their privileged position, which is why we have Trade Unions and and robust system of Employment courts.

As a founder member of a neighbourhood Law Centre, I provided advice and assistance to innumerous employees up to and including representation at Employment and Employment Appeal Tribunal hearings.

Antibrown is implying a method of subverting the existing Labour Laws and escaping the consequences. If such employee came to me and sought my advice and help, would be delighted to provide representation at an Employment Tribunal. If the Tribunal awarded a large sum in compensation it would (a) teach the emloyer right, (b) warn him/her of the consequences of their recalcitrant behaviour.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2011, 09:44 PM

Joe, an employer has the right to hire a worker when he wants to so why should'nt he /she have the right to sack a worker( With just cause) when they want to?

Unions use workers to their own ends, which nearly always turn out to be political.

I have been on both sides of the fence and know what secret methods go on in both camps.

If unions played by the rules and did not use people as pawns in a game of power stuggles then I am sure that businesses and unions would get along better.

Barry is right, Businesses are the backbone of this and any other country, without them there would be a lot more poverty.

Employment gives a person a meaning to life, unemployment makes a person desperate and will try almost anything to survive.

The biggest problem is envy, workers envy bosses because they get more salary than them, some bosses envy workers because our society gives in to the so called underdog.
Businesses are made out, by politicians, to be the bad ones simple because the politicians want the workers votes.

Without entrepreneurs what would you do for the unemployed?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top