Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2011, 08:22 PM

Re: How did you react?

Sorry all,I did not mean to cause anyone any upset.

I value all life and just wanted to bring a news topic to the fore.

British Service Personel like any other forces have caused friendly fire deaths. I have had tours of duty and wondered, what is the media talking about, I was there and your story is incorrect.

As I do not like any loss of life I wonder if the NATO led forces in Libya now sighting Gaddaffi's people to protect civilian life will start on the rebels again to protect civilian life.

To save a lot of death, would it not be easier to send in and capture these leaders and give them a trial.

I want to see all killing stopped.

Again I am sorry to offend anyone, it was meant just to see how others felt, I am interested and open to others views.

Adrian, Sorry I did not get back to the thread sooner, had a bad few days.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2011, 08:49 PM

Please don't worry Manxman - you certainly didn't upset me - I don't think there is any need to apologise.

I don't know how things will go in Libya and if NATO can intervene Libya then they should perhaps do the same in Syria. Whatever, it is very complex and I am sure there all sorts of things going on in the background that we are not allowed to be aware of. I don't think it would be wise to go after the leaders - each country has to overthrow its own dicatorship by revolution and disobedience, which means fighting, killing and chaos - a very destructive situation, and I don't what other way a country and a people can get rid of a dictatorship it does not want.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2011, 09:59 AM

As a simple old git living in a small rural village where the delays at the rail crossings are our main concern it`s hard to get a perspective.

But it seems to me `the problems` in Ireland were part of a long going on dispute that was primarily a domestic affair.

What is going on now is about oil/possibly the Suez canal?? and that is an International affair.

Just the thoughts of an old git

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top