Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2011, 04:52 PM

AV or Staus Quo

You vote is needed, or is it!!

People ( Unions mainly ) cry out for ' One man One vote ' ( Sorry, not degrading women ) when it suits them but when they see no hope of getting what they want with the 'one man one vote' system they want to change it.

I can see changing the system creating more problems than the ones that we have now, it could mean that one person could get a lot of votes simply because people put them down as an alternate choice due to their name being on the ballot paper.

Imaging people voting for who is the winner of the olympic gold medal, the person with the least ability could win it because of his personality.

IMO it will lead to more ' Coalition ' governments, which could be a good thing as the country could be put first instead of party lines, but it could mean that one of the reasons why you vote for a party now, ie, lower taxes, could not be forthcoming with the coalition government.

Do we need a new voting system for electing MP's or does the one that we have surfice?

I am in favour of reducing the number of MP's ( one for each county plus one for a deciding vote ) in parliament and removing the 'Party ' status.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Re: AV or Staus Quo

Manxman has just started a very similar thread AB and I have just posted - Manxman's thread is in current affairs and politics - is there a way of joining up threads?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2011, 08:19 AM

Re: AV or Staus Quo

I'm very much in favour of AV simply because that hypocrite John Prescott is part of the No2AV campaign!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top