Join for free
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Lord ashdown sounds off

As the polls show a very low turnout and a big defeat for the ‘Yes’ campaign in the AV referendum, Lord Ashdown of Subway cum Ham sandwich has taken to the press and airwaves to severely criticise at length, David Cameron for not condemning the ‘No’ campaign’s attacks on Nick Clegg, and Ed Milliband and labour for not being more robustly enthusiastic on behalf of the ‘Yes’ campaign.
It would appear that the Noble Lord is a sore loser. (Although to be fair, he did very briefly mention that it might have been the ‘Yes’s” own fault.)

Paddy old son…….Grow up. Politics is a rough trade…….as you should well know!!!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 06:26 PM

Re: Lord ashdown sounds off

Was known some time back as "Paddy Pantsdown", after giving his secretary one. I would assume he would like the ladies to say yes rather than no!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 06:43 PM

What a whinger and a bad loser that bloke is. I used to have time for him before his "pantsdown" period, but I lost all respect for him after that....
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 07:13 PM

Well I have to say I am more than disappointed with the AV result, I wish the few that do bother to vote would get past the person who put the referendum up and look at it for the benefit of the Country. We have the worst voting population in the world - no wonder we end up with crap leaders and foreign laws.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mysterie ->
We have the worst voting population in the world - no wonder we end up with crap leaders and foreign laws.
You are right regarding voting mysterie, just checking in our local council election results, the overall turnout was 36.47%, with the lowest polling ward coming in at 26.42%. Absolutely disgusting. I have always thought it a huge insult to everyone that has fought for this country not to vote. The height of ignorance really.
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2011, 10:51 AM

I read this morning that the overall turnout on the AV vote was 42%.
I am very surprised that it was so high. The No vote at 69% is a pretty positive rejection though.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top