Join for free
Page 20 of 29 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:58 AM

Re: Matt Hancocks Affair

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not sorry Hancock has gone, I thought him a lightweight not up to the job..

I will just mention PPE (repeatedly saying there was no shortage when their clearly was) care homes,test and trace among his many shortcomings. His TV briefings were poor, to almost every question posed he replied ''That's an an important question' even if if wasn't. A lot of the positive things he is being credited with can be attributed to the hard work of others. I even found his departure speech banal and cliched ...pathetic....
Indeed ..... it's not that he was incompetent, like Dido Harding ..... it's that he pretended to be something he wasn't, i.e. intelligent .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:03 AM

In his resignation video he looked tired and no doubt had an idea of what would be media headlines today. The drip fed news tactics expected.

News today chip wrapping tomorrow.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, l agree too, summer.

None of us are perfect.... what’s the saying.. ‘Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone...

No, none of us are perfect.

He was preaching to the general public ,about how important it was to distance ourselves from each other, because of this dreadful disease/ virus...

Then goes and does the opposite,..this isn’t a trivial matter..

This is a politician who should stand by what he preaches.

How can anyone follow him...after doing the opposite...a man in power.

Not joe bloggs down the street...who breaks the rules.

“ Hypocrite” comes to mind.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought that was a door to another office and he was checking if anyone was around to disturb his guilty pleasures. If a cupboard do you think he planned to get into it with his squeeze?

Maybe it was Annie, my point is, how could an intelligent man, not know that he could be spied on, he took a risk, unfortunately that risk ,caught him out, someone imo has been keeping a close eye on him..why else would the tiniest of cameras catch him out..imo...he certainly never saw it, all that rubbing up against each other, then clasping her rump in his hands..made me laugh,

Now, that would have embarrassed me!....being uncovered ain’t nice...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
No, none of us are perfect.

He was preaching to the general public ,about how important it was to distance ourselves from each other, because of this dreadful disease/ virus...

Then goes and does the opposite,..this isn’t a trivial matter..

This is a politician who should stand by what he preaches.

How can anyone follow him...after doing the opposite...a man in power.

Not joe bloggs down the street...who breaks the rules.

“ Hypocrite” comes to mind.
‘Tis done.. he’s paying the price now leave him be.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-06-2021, 10:23 AM

‘Tis done.. he’s paying the price now leave him be.

I’m leaving him be, I would not want to see him have a breakdown over this.

But unfortunately these are the consequences, only got himself to blame.

No one made him do it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’m leaving him be, I would not want to see him have a breakdown over this.

But unfortunately these are the consequences, only got himself to blame.

No one made him do it.
Pauline, l think there should be more concern about why, how and when was the camera placed in a smoke detector in a government building.
The security of the government and the country has been compromised
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:50 AM

Pauline, l think there should be more concern about why, how and when was the camera placed in a smoke detector in a government building.
Cameras are in buildings as a matter of course for security purposes.

The question is who gave the footage to the press.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-06-2021, 10:53 AM

If a politician is in power....yes, it was broken, but imo, for all the right reasons.

I know what you mean about security...it could have been a bomb...but it wasn’t.

The whole nation witnessed him and his bit of stuff..making out..thank God they didn’t get naked..when you think about it, he could quite easily have pinned her against the wall...like they do in them movies...then he would have been caught with his “ trousers down”....I bet the papers have already come up with a funny picture of him,..it’s not funny I know...but there it is.

My thoughts are with his wife and family.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-06-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Cameras are in buildings as a matter of course for security purposes.

The question is who gave the footage to the press.

For all we know it could have been another politician....someone was keeping a close eye on him....imo...it’s like it was a set up.well thought out, Just my thoughts.

Security cameras yes, but not inside a smoke detector as Art said it was placed.

Page 20 of 29 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top