Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

15-09-2012, 10:03 PM

Re: The 2012/2013 Football Season - Fans Thread

Yes Bob, a point is always handy.
The second half of the Reds game was good, I honestly thought they were going to pull it off and deserved to really.
Mr Suarez has real problems with his reputation with the referees but did not deserve to get a caution today.

Glad to see the Imps getting the points, you see John, I knew Mr Oliver would get you the winner.

As for us, a hard fought draw but apparently very boring.
Still, it is a clean sheet but we badly need a striker, ole fumble feet just aint it.

Onward.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 05:20 PM

Three points, hard earned as usual. Took two penalties and a late goal to secure it. Nothing in life, or football is easy, so lets accept it and move on. Trouble with the diving scenario is, how can you tell when its real or not? When someone goes down like Tom Daley, its hard for the Ref to give it. I don't think players should be booked for so called simulation, useless its really blatant. Don't forget, the Ref has no access, mores the pity, to slow motion replay. The fact the penalty is not awarded is. sorry, is penalty enough.Good draws for you two guys, close games both of them. Feel sorry for my daughters team,(she lives in Southampton), they got a real kicking from Arsenal. Still no points, but they have been playing top of the table sides.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

16-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Three points, hard earned as usual. Took two penalties and a late goal to secure it. Nothing in life, or football is easy, so lets accept it and move on. Trouble with the diving scenario is, how can you tell when its real or not? When someone goes down like Tom Daley, its hard for the Ref to give it. I don't think players should be booked for so called simulation, useless its really blatant. Don't forget, the Ref has no access, mores the pity, to slow motion replay. The fact the penalty is not awarded is. sorry, is penalty enough.Good draws for you two guys, close games both of them. Feel sorry for my daughters team,(she lives in Southampton), they got a real kicking from Arsenal. Still no points, but they have been playing top of the table sides.
Spot on as usual John,
It is strange about the Saints but I think they will overcome the present problems.

They were one of the best teams to watch in the Championship last time round and they don't suddenly become a poor side.

Onward
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2012, 11:47 AM

I think that once Southampton get over the cultural shock of playing in the Premiership they will possibly do quite well, especially when they start to meet the lower placed clubs.
I hear a rumour that Andy Carroll is recovering a lot quicker than at first thought Hammer, it is to be hoped he is.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

17-09-2012, 12:49 PM

Bob, I read on one site that is usually pretty accurate that Andy Carroll could even be back in the next week or two.

Good news for us but I hope he is 100% before he plays and they do not risk his career by doing something silly.
I also read that Allardyce has admitted there is a January return clause in the loan agreement so watch this space.

One thing is certain, we will have to seriously contemplate replacing ole fumble feet Cole as he was very poor again against the canaries.

Onward.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2012, 05:41 PM

I always thought that Carlton Cole was never destined to be much more than a Championship player at best. Trouble is, good quality strikers are thin on the ground, and those that are the bizzo, come with a huge price tag. Got a feeling that West Ham will persevere, as Reading yesterday were dreadful, and poor old Saints look average in this league. So Hammer, put away your worry beads, as they say down south...sorted!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

21-09-2012, 05:43 PM

This weekends fixtures.

Lincoln City are at away at The Lamb Ground for their match against Tamworth on Saturday, the kick-off is at 3:00pm. The Red Imps manager David Holdsworth, speaking on his sides injury situation has said that he was hopeful of some light at the end of the tunnel this week but it would not appear to be happening. He said, "I don't think it's sufficient for a player to train for one day and then come back into the team having been out for four weeks".

"Both Adam Smith and and Tom Miller came back a little bit early. They wanted to get back and put themselves on show. That's a good sign"." He also went on to say "It's a nice feeling when players do want to come back in, but we have to be professional in our approach and make sure we use them at the right time."

The Lambs who currently sit in eleventh place in the table will be hoping to repeat last season’s 4-0 drubbing of Lincoln. Manager, Marcus Law was unsurprisingly chuffed with his side’s 2-0 win at Gateshead Saturday last and is hopeful of more goals from Tommy Wright and co. Like The Imps, Tamworth's injuries are featuring heavily and we are only just into the season but Laws should have Marcus Kelly and Sam Oji back this week.
For Johns sake I hope the Imps will cast such a spell it will be a case of the lambs to the slaughter.

As for the Hammers, Sunderland AFC are our guests at the Boleyn for Saturday's encounter. The Kick-off being 3:00pm. The Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill is a wily chap who is already talking up our side in a bit of reverse psychology but he aint fooling many. He has a knack of producing good teams and his side is growing in confidence as they look to win their first Prem game this term. The Black Cats' are embarking on their third away game out of the last four games and have thus far got credible draws against the top echelons of the league but it is a win they need.

We will still be without Jack Collinson and Andy Carroll but everyone else seems to be fit. The condition of Jack is a concern as he has not even kicked a ball since our promotion while Andy seems to be making good progress. If we are to survive in this league and having seen most of the opposition - albeit briefly - there is no real reason for us not to, a few players have got to step up and do the business.

I shall of course be hoping that Mr O' Neill - Whittington and his feline entourage will turn again once more and head off back empty handed.

For purely football reasons alone Sunday's clash between Liverpool and Manchester Utd at Anfield is eagerly awaited, the kick-off being 1:30pm. The Reds will be wanting to record their first league win of the season and what better way than against their opponents. Last time round this fixture finished in a 1-1 draw. At the time of writing, there seems to be a dearth of team selections from any accurate source to ponder so we can only surmise.

This match is also more significant as it is the first chance at Anfield since the publication of the Hillsborough Independent Panel report for the club to pay tribute to the 96 fans who lost their lives in 1989 and offer thanks and respect to the families who have fought unceasingly for justice ever since that awful day.

A time perhaps to put away all the past tensions and animosity and for our football family to come together and show all the anti this, that, and the other brigade that this is how it all should be done. That said, three points for the home side will do very nicely, thank you.

Sorry for the length of this epistle, it is the new crayon they have given me, it will not stop.

Onward
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2012, 08:34 PM

Good luck to everyone this weekend.
I am still getting over the shock of seeing Liverpool's kids winning away 5-3 in the Europa League Young boys of Berne against the even younger boys of Liverpool LOL, good for the neutrals I would say but a good learning curve for some of the youngsters on display.
Yes Hammer, I read about the "January return" clause regarding Andy Carroll, makes you think I agree.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

23-09-2012, 08:53 PM

Not a good weekend for any of our teams but from what I saw on the local news and read tonight, all due respect was paid by the fans at Anfield today and that is the most important thing.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

24-09-2012, 09:34 AM

Pretty dire stuff from The Imps. A goal down in only one minute, captain sent off along with theirs. Another weary battle to stay in this league, can't get any worse. Well done the Hammers, Nolan getting a well deserved point. The Liverpool game seemed quite muted unsurprisingly, shame that was'nt a draw in the circumstances. Good to see appropriate behaviour, handsakes, and above all dignity to the 96. Not surprised Terry has slung it in with England.Surely the court case should have been the end of it, and now its all dragging on again. Got a feeling some dark forces(no pun intended!) are at work behind the scenes, demanding blood at all costs. The whole business is so depressing. Just like the weather at the moment!

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top