Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 06:04 PM

Re: Strange Food

I will try any thing once .... probally the strangest thing is snake or crickets
Very few things i wont touch unless its cruel....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I have eaten most shellfish, especially as a child. Whelks and winkles were my fathers favourite and he liked snails in garlic. But I couldn't eat them now! Just the thought of it ......
Whelks - that's brought back a memory of my Dad buying them; they looked like curled fat slugs he gave one to me once to try (I actually pestered him to let me try one) and I must have been chewing that perishing thing for hours actually, Dad laughed at me chewing the persihing thing for hours!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I will try any thing once .... probally the strangest thing is snake or crickets
Very few things i wont touch unless its cruel....
What did snake taste like? (Please don't say chicken ) and what did the crickets taste of?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
What did snake taste like? (Please don't say chicken ) and what did the crickets taste of?

Karen darlin' - its difficult to descibe taste - everything has its own unique flavour. Yes I've eaten (or at least tried to eat) Rattlesnake. It is a 'white' meat, yes. The only problem was the very tiny bones in it and trying to pick the meat away from the bones. In the end I got bored doing this and threw half of it away.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Karen darlin' - its difficult to descibe taste - everything has its own unique flavour. Yes I've eaten (or at least tried to eat) Rattlesnake. It is a 'white' meat, yes. The only problem was the very tiny bones in it and trying to pick the meat away from the bones. In the end I got bored doing this and threw half of it away.
My first thought reading that Uncle Joe was 'ugh' - wonder why we have that reaction to one thing but not another?

Lots of tiny bones would put me off as well, how can you enjoy eating something if you have to pick minutely at it!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:44 AM

Sorry yes a bit like a chicken but a mixed texture of fish>chicken. The crickets were deep fried and just crunchy no real flavour except for the salk sprinkled on them
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Sorry yes a bit like a chicken but a mixed texture of fish>chicken. The crickets were deep fried and just crunchy no real flavour except for the salk sprinkled on them
Hmmm, maybe we should take to eating snake, it would be a darned sight cheaper than chicken!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 12:49 PM

Better (and bigger than snake) I have a crocodile steak in my freezer!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Better (and bigger than snake) I have a crocodile steak in my freezer!!!
Strange you should say that as I was wondering if it would be healthier as well (by that I mean no steroids or antibiotics); maybe they'd start feeding snakes the same rubbish! Actually, it's no different really to eating eels is it (not that I'd eat them either!)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

23-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Strange you should say that as I was wondering if it would be healthier as well (by that I mean no steroids or antibiotics); maybe they'd start feeding snakes the same rubbish! Actually, it's no different really to eating eels is it (not that I'd eat them either!)

Just for you Karen darlin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLpwIl-C80U

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top