Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 06:23 AM

Funding

It would seem there are many problems in our society due to lack of Funding. BBC News today talking about Child Abuse, and the "Lack" of funding, why does it take cash to sort out such a fundamental problem, surely folks should take this repugnant issue (along with other similar issues) and deal with them, free of charge, for the sake of our civilization, why do these situations require a hierarchy on a payroll?.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 07:58 AM

Re: Funding

Completely agree funding shouldn't dictate morals and in many of these cases just knowing what was happening should have sent people straight to the police money should have made no difference.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 08:27 AM

Spitfire , very well said.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 10:55 AM

I second what RJ said.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Spitfire , very well said.
Agree, I think morals are in intensive care at the moment with not much hope of survival, unless of course we can raise more funds.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 11:52 AM

We have a problem with 'funding' at our allotment. We have a small number of concrete raised beds, kept aside for people with mobility problems, and which have been idle and full of weeds for a number of years.

Our Chair had managed to negotiate an agreement with a company called Green Gym. They would take over management of the beds and probably the greenhouse, and let the beds out to those who need them. But apparently GG needs funding of £20,000.

Why? You tell me!! The chaps and ladies on the Community Payback Team clear the beds for free, then months later they're doing it again.

The beds are in a state of disrepair, though. But I might clear one next to me, and start using it.

So, why funding? Yes, I agree...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 12:34 PM

Do you remember how things were years ago?

Money or "Funding" was hardly ever mentioned but now it's the FIRST thing that's mentioned about ANYTHING!

I saw Peter Fonda on TV yesterday and he said something that surprised me.

I can't remember his exact words but it was something like

"This country (The USA) is not about people anymore. It's all about money"

This was very similar to what Dennis Hopper was coming out with in 1969 - and Fonda argued against him!

So it's not just over here then.............stevmk2
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 12:45 PM

regarding the OP, we are getting charity reps knocking at our door asking for a monthly donation ,because they have had their funding cut ,, the latest was NSPCC who thought we could help even though we told him we are Pensioners,on a Pension..its a play on our conscience .
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 12:46 PM

Whenever someone in politics says we cannot do something because we cannot afford it... I call BS. We CAN afford it. The USA..and the UK are very wealthy. It's a matter of priorities. Especialy in the US. It seems our current Congress can ALWAYS find the money for more wars, or defense spending. We can ALWAYS find ways to give the wealthy even MORE tax breaks or subsidies for mega-rich corporations... but we cannot give our people extended unemployment benefits in a bad economy, or feed hungry kids by increasing food stamps, or make sure everyone can see a doctor? NO... THOSE things have to be slashed and cut.. because we just cannot afford them. It makes me sick.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Whenever someone in politics says we cannot do something because we cannot afford it... I call BS. We CAN afford it. The USA..and the UK are very wealthy. It's a matter of priorities. Especialy in the US. It seems our current Congress can ALWAYS find the money for more wars, or defense spending. We can ALWAYS find ways to give the wealthy even MORE tax breaks or subsidies for mega-rich corporations... but we cannot give our people extended unemployment benefits in a bad economy, or feed hungry kids by increasing food stamps, or make sure everyone can see a doctor? NO... THOSE things have to be slashed and cut.. because we just cannot afford them. It makes me sick.
Bloody well-said Audrey!! stevmk2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top