Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 07:44 AM

Happy Halloween

Hope you all have a good halloween i will be carving my pumpkin later.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 07:54 AM

Re: Happy Halloween

Halloween is American, All Hallows is what today is.

http://www.visitlancashire.com/inspi...pendle-witches
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Happy Halloween Callumsmum and all

We always called it Halloween when I was a wee girl in Govan, Glasgow, growing up and the kids but we spelt it Hallowe'en and we were told that it did mean Hallows Eve! I suppose Halloween sounds better!!

Hope everyone will enjoy it!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 02:43 PM

Happy Halloween to you Mary and everyone else.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Happy Halloween Callumsmum and all

We always called it Halloween when I was a wee girl in Govan, Glasgow, growing up and the kids but we spelt it Hallowe'en and we were told that it did mean Hallows Eve! I suppose Halloween sounds better!!

Hope everyone will enjoy it!
So good to see that you know the correct spelling of Hallowe'en!! It maddens me, apparently 99.9% of Americans don't! Bah! This is a pet peeve of mine.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Happy halloween everyone
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 07:36 PM

The children in our road, who I mentioned earlier, have just been for their treats with their Dad and some more little friends. They'd gone to a lot of bother and looked great. I gave them spider and snake jellies, chocolate ghosts and bats and other horrible sweets, everyone of them said thank you, bless them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 08:08 PM

My two grandchildren have just called in for an unexpected visit, Katie was dressed in a lovely witch's dress which had cobweb sleeves with spiders all over , she had long false nails with black bats on and false red and black hair threaded into her pony tail..... and parked her broomstick indoors! Not quite sure who Jamie was supposed to be, maybe a werewolf as he wore tartan trousers, a black shirt and he had sprouted such a hairy ginger chest since I last saw him!

Bless them, they didn't want to go round knocking on people's doors ..... they dressed up especially for us!

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Awww bless! They look so cute.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2011, 11:02 PM

What a lovely surprise for you and your hubby Mags. Great photo and see what you mean about the hairy chest!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top