Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 04:19 PM

have fun reminiscing the fashion

I'm just having a reminiscing moment remembering the clothes I wore back in the 70s.

Hotpants, mine were checked ones and I adored them
Cape coat
Oxford Bags
Platform Shoes
Crombi
Bomber Jacket
Cheese Cloth Dress/Blouse
Bell Bottom Trousers
White Knee GoGo Boots
Denim Button Up Skirt
Poncho
Suede Tassel Waistcoat
Snake Belt
Tank Top
Safari Dress

I loved my straw basket and Suede Tassel Handbag

I remember nicking off school on a Friday to go to our local Market where they sold fashion platform shoes that models had worn for a fiver, we used to fight to get to the front.

For other shoes I used to shop at a shoe shop called Freeman, Hardy & Willis in my local town and I used to do a 'Harry Worth' on the corner of the shop window, haha. Awww the memories.

If you don't know what a Harry Worth is take a look at the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f189hOfyYSY

Do you remember your fashion of your era and do you have memories to share.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 05:08 PM

Re: have fun reminiscing the fashion

What are you up to my friend?

How come you've posted the same thread twice?

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=55588
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What are you up to my friend?

How come you've posted the same thread twice?

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=55588
I posted one a while ago and it didn';t show when I searched so I did it again oops. How do I delete one?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 05:37 PM

Hi Lion Queen...I am of the poodle skirt & saddle shoes generation...1950's. Add to that a bun in my hair with a sprig of flowers and a scarf around my neck... Aww memories...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

31-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Lion Queen...I am of the poodle skirt & saddle shoes generation...1950's. Add to that a bun in my hair with a sprig of flowers and a scarf around my neck... Aww memories...
I dressed in 50s gear when my husband and I renewed our vows in Vegas, I wore a poodle skirt and white bobby socks and pumps and poker dot blouse, I also wore a neckscarf, I love the 50s era for clothes, wish it would come back
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I dressed in 50s gear when my husband and I renewed our vows in Vegas, I wore a poodle skirt and white bobby socks and pumps and poker dot blouse, I also wore a neckscarf, I love the 50s era for clothes, wish it would come back

OMGosh Lion Queen...I forgot about the black patent pumps with white bobby sox. And, the crinolines, layer after layer of pretty coloured net...

Me too, wish all of the above would come back into fashion... By the by...do you have a picture you would be able to post?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top