Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:42 PM

Re: Hands Up...Who Dries Stuff On Their Radiators?

Hands firmly raised Arty....Running kit goes on the rads as soon as I'm back from a run....Except in the summer when a quick burst of the tumble dryer usually does the trick...I can make my running kit last for 'Months' before needing a wash.... Assuming I can hide it from Mrs Fox...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That wouldn't have made any difference in the fifties, everywhere smelled of smoke and cooking, even outside.
That was when the lavvy was outside and the tin bath was brought in on a Saturday night .....

In the seventies, we had a toilet and bathroom inside the cottage and we used to wash/bathe twice a day, whether we needed it or not .....

Similarly, the washtub, washboard and wringer had been replaced by a washing machine .....

But ..... we had no gas supply, no central heating and no double glazing .....

Any smells that escaped outside were immediately blown away by the prevailing wind coming off the Irish Sea onto our exposed hillside .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nope Arty.......It's a 'Clothes Horse' here in my bit of Yorkshire....
Ok Longy, let’s ask the audience!

Is there anyone from Lancashire that can help us out on the use of ‘Clothes Maiden’ instead of ‘Clothes Horse’?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hands firmly raised Arty....Running kit goes on the rads as soon as I'm back from a run....Except in the summer when a quick burst of the tumble dryer usually does the trick...I can make my running kit last for 'Months' before needing a wash.... Assuming I can hide it from Mrs Fox...
Foxy, You know the saying, ‘A Fox always smells it’s own scent’!

Hang on, l have just thought about this... Am l right in thinking you dry sweaty clothes on the radiator for several months and not wash them?
Oooh, Foxy you must honk!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:52 PM

Yes, we put all our washing directly onto the radiators, have done for years and it doesn't damage them or the clothes. I don't see how it would tbh?

Sometimes a clothes horse is used if there's a lot of clothes to dry, but only in winter. In summer everything is on the line unless it's raining.

I hate the dry heat in the house though as it starts off my coughing fits.

Oh, and no knickers for me - boxer shorts only (more room in them for appendages)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes, we put all our washing directly onto the radiators, have done for years and it doesn't damage them or the clothes. I don't see how it would tbh?

Sometimes a clothes horse is used if there's a lot of clothes to dry, but only in winter. In summer everything is on the line unless it's raining.

I hate the dry heat in the house though as it starts off my coughing fits.

Oh, and no knickers for me - boxer shorts only (more room in them for appendages)
So you don’t go bravado or whatever the word is?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
COMMANDO!!!!

you daft nana!

What is it with this place and knickers today!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:59 PM

I thought it was 'Ocado'??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
COMMANDO!!!!

you daft nana!
LOL!!
No Art, just the right bulges in the right places
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I thought it was 'Ocado'??
No mate, that's when everything goes pear-shaped

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top