Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:35 PM

Re: Opininons

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Electro-Magnetic Pulse.

A nuclear electromagnetic pulse is the abrupt pulse of electromagnetic radiation resulting from a nuclear explosion. The resulting rapidly changing electric fields and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges.

Would that be for local or remote application …..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Would that be for local or remote application …..
Mainly local but occasionally world wide.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:48 PM

Mainly local but occasionally world wide.
…..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yes, Spitty, there are a few.

I stay out of politics - partly because it bores the pants off me, partly because the whole lot of the current government are so corrupt they are not worthy of discussion.

There are a few others - general ones - where I know my comments are not always welcome. Whether or not I still contribute to them depends on how deeply I feel about the topic. Some times it is worth the risk of being thought confrontational just to make a point - others it is not.
Me? when I log on, I dive into any topic that interests me, General, Political, Religion, Cookery, Pets, and yes, the Brexit thread.
The Brexit thread as you all know, can be very confrontational, but I just plonk my prettily decorated with flowers and butterflies Tin Helmet on my head, tighten my chin strap which is bedecked with ribbons and try to remain calm when confronted by those who find great delight in insulting me because I support Leaving the EU.
I'm pretty broadshouldered though, I think you need to be to venture into that thread. . But if OFF was all sweetness and light with everyone agreeing with everyone else's viewpoint, it would be very boring.

One thing I feel strongly about though, I hate bullying and unkindness, especially criticism of spelling or wording by members towards other members. In fact, it makes me very annoyed, because if a member, especially a newbie, has found the courage to post a view, (and it does take courage when you know no-one on a forum), the last thing they want to read as a reply, is criticism at their lack of English or spelling. As far as the majority on here are concerned, as long as the post is readable, the spelling is totally unimportant .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Me? when I log on, I dive into any topic that interests me, General, Political, Religion, Cookery, Pets, and yes, the Brexit thread.
The Brexit thread as you all know, can be very confrontational, but I just plonk my prettily decorated with flowers and butterflies Tin Helmet on my head, tighten my chin strap which is bedecked with ribbons and try to remain calm when confronted by those who find great delight in insulting me because I support Leaving the EU.
I'm pretty broadshouldered though, I think you need to be to venture into that thread. . But if OFF was all sweetness and light with everyone agreeing with everyone else's viewpoint, it would be very boring.

One thing I feel strongly about though, I hate bullying and unkindness, especially criticism of spelling or wording by members towards other members. In fact, it makes me very annoyed, because if a member, especially a newbie, has found the courage to post a view, (and it does take courage when you know no-one on a forum), the last thing they want to read as a reply, is criticism at their lack of English or spelling. As far as the majority on here are concerned, as long as the post is readable, the spelling is totally unimportant .
I compllitlekly agronk.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
As far as the majority on here are concerned, as long as the post is readable, the spelling is totally unimportant .
thits a fought...mek lods of mistooks tu git motised
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 02:30 PM

I compllitlekly agronk.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-10-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
thits a fought...mek lods of mistooks tu git motised
I noitised u soli.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I suppose there's have to be an "Unlike" button, too, to allow for a change of mind …..
If you change your mind, you just click it again, like removed.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 03:00 PM

If my opinion is unwelcome....I don't mind....I will still voice what I believe in.

If it makes me unpopular ..."tough"!!!...

I don't seem to need approval from anyone.on voicing my opinion...( agreeing with it)..it is my opinion,so there it is...I also don't mind being ignored...

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top