Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Whatever happened to hot water bottles? Has central heating done away with them? But then nobody leaves the heating on all night, do they?
Back in the 1950’s every house had at least two hot water bottles, although they weren’t really bottles they were rectangular rubber things, the real bottles were brown earthenware heavy things left over from the Victorian era. .
Hope your water problem has now been sorted Jem

I definitely would not be without my rectangular rubber thing providing its dressed.

Not that I am a prude or anything but for many reasons there is nothing worse than a NAKED hot water bottle...can't be done with this type of nakedness...give me a fully clothed hot water bottle any time.

A hot water bottle looks and feels so much better to cuddle up with when it's got summat on and these days a towel wrap just won't do...it apparently has to be something more cute..like a bunny or a sloth. No seriously, animals are the in thing fashion for hotties.

Having wondered around Primark looking for a new cover and declining the unicorn or elephant ones I chose the normal faux fur plush one in a delicate shade of exotic black, with no ears or nose to sqaush when I get too hot and chuck the thing out of bed...which you couldn't do with the old type ones as you would have woken the whole household and the street as well.

Now those earthenware ones did get hot, they didn't bounce and you risked breaking a toe kicking that out of bed..and worst of all they were not snuggly
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 03:45 PM

A wallybottle Sweetie?, I’ve heard of a willebottle, they used to use them in the hospitals when the toilets were way down the end of the corridor, but a wallybottle never, sounds good though, combine the two and you’d have a williewallybottle. If Benny Hill was alive he’d write a song about that, it’s right up his alley.

If the need arose Solo I would prefer the naked rubber bottle, all these fancy bunnies, bears and elephant covers are strictly for the birds.

Here’s a good old fashioned bottle, and if you read it you’ll be reassured and pleased to see its perfectly safe as “There are no knobs to break off” I’m sure many’s the plump Victorian bum was cut up by a broken stray knob in the bed until this beauty came along to save their ass, very high tech stuff back then were bottles with no knobs to break off.

I see in a news article on BBC that the journalist refers to native Hong Kong people as “Hong Kongers”, that doesn’t sound right to me somehow, it has a vulgar ring to it I think.
I was just thinking that if a person was looking for a fella from Hong Kong who had moved to London, went to his lodgings, knocked on the front door and said to the landlord “I believe you have a little Hong Konger hanging in there”
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 10:33 PM

Something TessA said on another thread reminded me of this.

If you’ve ever seen the film “The Road to Wellville” you will probably remember the scene when Henry, who’s a patient at Dr, John Harvey Kellogg’s sanitarium, catches his girlfriend and another stout lady with one of the doctors indulging in a bit of hanky panky in a field.
I may have the names wrong but that’s not important.
When the girlfriend spots Henry she’d stunned and nervously says “Oh Henry!, I didn’t see you there, this is Dr. Dave, I was just massaging his colon”
To which Henry the layman replies “I’m not stupid Mary!, I know what a colon is and it don’t stick up in the air!”
I love that answer.
Isn't the face on Dr. Dave priceless!, as innocent looking as a baby.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 11:06 PM

Inclusion, the world is getting very inclusive, this is not new, any geezer who accompanied Spiity on an expedition was guaranteed a free beer.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 07:44 AM

Spiity, that's a new one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

07-11-2019, 07:47 AM

Dr. Dave has got Ploppys Hat, covering his bits.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

07-11-2019, 07:50 AM

Dr. Dave needs to be ashamed of himself, two Birds, the wild outdoors and a "Semicolon".
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Spiity, that's a new one.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

08-11-2019, 10:25 PM

My six year old grandson asked me a question out of the blue yesterday, kids often do that, catch you off guard, I was minding him for the afternoon as his mother and the wife were out shopping in town.

I was playing dominoes on the computer, while he was looking at the cartoons on the TV, gobbling a packet of jelly babies and sucking Pepsi from a can through a straw, if the women found out I had given him this junk I’d be hung, so when he finished off his snack the plan was to shift the evidence into a brown bag then into the bin before they got home, he wouldn’t tell because he knows he’d never get these forbidden goodies again if he did, he’s not stupid.
Well all of a sudden he turns to me and asks (he’s half Italian and is fluent in both Italian and English, but his accent is real city Dublin)
“Hey granda, where do yeh go when yeh die?”
I don’t know if his parents gave him any religious instruction or not, that’s none of my business, so I just said the first thing that came into my mind
“Back to were you were before you were born son”
“But I don’t remember where I was before I was born granda”
“Neither do I son”
“How do babies get born granda?”

Well that was it, time to change the subject, telling kids the facts of life ain’t my function as the fella said, Phyllis handled all that when the questions came from me own two kids, and a fine job she made of it too, whatever way she explained it it did the trick because they never asked me anything about sex since.
“When you go home son ask your daddy about it, he’s far cleverer than I am, he fixes computers”
“OK granda, I will”

I let out a sigh of relief, but felt a bit guilty after passing the buck onto me son, but knowing him he’ll pass it on to his wife, men have been doing that since Adam, after all women were always far better at that type of thing, they still are even in this modern age bless ‘em.

Here’s a real oldie, not the best of quality though.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

09-11-2019, 08:48 AM

Well I just got into town today
To find my girl who's gone away
She took the Greyhound at the General Store
I searched myself I searched the town
When I finally did sit down
I find myself no wiser than before

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top