Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 11:21 PM

Re: What Do You Use Kitchen Scissors For?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What's your scissor sharpener like, Keezoy?
Is it fiddly, or easy to use?
No it's just a little implement. It's very old. It seems to have been around forever. Here it is. You can see the scissor sharpening slot if you look closely. I don't use the knife bit.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	sharpener.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	11067  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No it's just a little implement. It's very old. It seems to have been around forever. Here it is. You can see the scissor sharpening slot if you look closely. I don't use the knife bit.

Thanks Keezoy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 11:24 PM

I use my kitchen scissors for cutting off the tops of annoying plastic packets, the perforations that mean you can tear them never work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I use my kitchen scissors for cutting off the tops of annoying plastic packets, the perforations that mean you can tear them never work.

Hear hear Tiff, I know exactly what you mean.

I also use mine for cutting up herbs, removing bacon rind and other fatty bits off meat, cutting baking parchment, opening different packets and wrappers, and all sorts I can't think of at the mo.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 11:48 PM

I also use mine for cutting up herbs, removing bacon rind and other fatty bits off meat, cutting baking parchment, opening different packets and wrappers, and all sorts I can't think of at the mo.
Same here, that's all I use mine for, Mups.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Same here, that's all I use mine for, Mups.
I also use mine for cutting string.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 12:25 AM

I've never thought of using kitchen scissors for food. Do they work really well? Perhaps they are safer in that you're less likely to injure yourself. I think I'd be concerned about hygiene because how do you get them really clean at the join? There are scissors in the kitchen draw which I use to open parcels, cut through cellophane on flowers and cut bird seed bags open
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 12:45 AM

Cutting things in the kitchen.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 01:17 AM

This thread has got me thinking about a kitchen scissor sharpener, something I hadn't considered despite having 3 sharpeners for kitchen knives.

However, none of the shapeners I've looked at seem to cater for a serrated edge, so I think I'll try aluminium foil, since there's always some left at the end of a roll.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2019, 09:22 AM

I never considered it before Art but yes I use my scissors a lot .....cutting chopping and I use them as grabbers too....turning over bacon rashers in the pan

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top