Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 07:15 PM

Re: Active ?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Friend of mine had a medical assesment yesterday she was a little upset when she came back as they insisted on putting her down as having an inactive life style, this lady runs 3 days a week 6 miles each day, swims twice a week multiple lengths of the local pool, goes to the gym at the weekend and does spin training. Her only inactive period is work where she is a data clerk.

Made us wonder what people have to do to be classed as active ?
Sorry Julie but this makes no sense at all.
She needs to query it big time.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Sorry Julie but this makes no sense at all.
She needs to query it big time.
I think she had given up will to live by that point Ruthio, they were trying to get through the assesments so fast she had barely time to sit down to have her blood pressure taken before they were banging her knee with a mallet thingy. Nearly kicked the nurse she was so surprised
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 03:19 AM

I think that she would be a lot more likely to be upset if the clinician's judgement were not true.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Sounds like a misunderstanding to me.
To me too.

The lady should question it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 07:30 PM

Friend of mine had a medical assesment yesterday she was a little upset when she came back as they insisted on putting her down as having an inactive life style, this lady runs 3 days a week 6 miles each day, swims twice a week multiple lengths of the local pool, goes to the gym at the weekend and does spin training. Her only inactive period is work where she is a data clerk.

Made us wonder what people have to do to be classed as active ?
Bit odd think she should have said that to the Doctors first and not you.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 09:10 AM

I got tired just reading how active this lady is.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 03:15 PM

One must keep as active as possible. Did a 6 mile jog this morning and will probably do another 5-6 this evening.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 04:00 PM

A back problem has reared its ugly head in the last few days but a gentle sojourn into the high street has probably helped somewhat ... or not

Nah, it feels easier today
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
A back problem has reared its ugly head in the last few days but a gentle sojourn into the high street has probably helped somewhat ... or not

Nah, it feels easier today
A strong body can help keep back pains at bay. Work outs is what you probably need to get your core strong. Easy sit ups to begin with along with leg ups, where you stretch out fully on the floor with your hands under your bum raising your feet off the floor a few inches. Both exercises keep your stomach strong, which, oddly enough, stops the back from straining. Lots of other exercises, that do not take much time to complete, can be carried out by anyone of whatever age. All help keep you healthy and strong.

I ran 2x yesterday and have just run another 6 miles today. Today I felt much improved and will run another 6 miles tonight down the club more than likely. Had it with the lack of exercise of the last few months. I feel a lack of exercise ages me rapidly. Back to what I do best now.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 02:20 PM

I do the leg raise thing most mornings. 50 of them.

I always found that sit ups pulled my back somehow.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top