Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 04:39 PM

Re: Active ?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I do the leg raise thing most mornings. 50 of them.

I always found that sit ups pulled my back somehow.
Sit ups can be problematical as your belly muscles have to be pretty strong to do just the one. Another thing is you can bruise your back if you do too many on a hard floor. In the first instance you can draw your knees up before attempting the sit up so you only raise yourself a small amount each time. As for the bruising bit a soft cushion placed in the small of the back sorts that out.

No need to do full sit ups just partial ones are fine.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 02:01 PM

I usually do my foot-ups in bed. Feels like a reasonable start to the day.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 12:39 PM

I might brave the treadmill later. No clothes hanging up on it at present and I've not 'trodden' on it for a while
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2016, 12:50 PM

With me, it's every morning: up-down-up-down fifty times.
Then the other eyelid.

(With apologies to Les Dawson.)
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
Friend of mine had a medical assesment yesterday she was a little upset when she came back as they insisted on putting her down as having an inactive life style, this lady runs 3 days a week 6 miles each day, swims twice a week multiple lengths of the local pool, goes to the gym at the weekend and does spin training. Her only inactive period is work where she is a data clerk.

Made us wonder what people have to do to be classed as active ?

Were they aware of her fitness regimen Julie? Sounds very dubious to me.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top