Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 04:38 PM

Is Glamour Only For The Young?

I have always worn make up and kept my hair nice and coloured It has been a way of life for me.

I feel, if l give up looking after myself and presenting myself in the way l always have, then l might as well give up and just go and sit in God’s Waiting Room!

Some would disagree with me and say, wearing make up is a vanity thing and only for the young or, if you are trying to attract a man.

I disagree, l feel if you look good with a bit of make up on and your hair is nice, then there’s nothing wrong with that and it’s good for your self esteem.

It is different strokes for different folks...What are your views?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 04:58 PM

Re: Is Glamour Only For The Young?

Art you are quite right, some just let themselves go. I have seen my married friends just not bothering. Such a shame, then they wonder why their men stray.
I do have a make up free day once a week.
But I will never not bother.
You look lovely Art, I hope I will as I age.
Many older women look fantastic.
Like Joanna Lumley.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 05:07 PM

Joanna Lumley is such an inspiration all right. I'm struggling to make an effort lately. I wish I had started three habit when I was younger.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 05:41 PM

Hi and good morning Arty

Well I will be 76 in December Art, and I still wear make up, and present myself in up-to-date styles. My hair and all my eye brow trims etc. are up to date, and looking good....

I am not like this every day but I wouldn't leave the house without it.

If I am just working around and not expecting company, I won't put on make up and I am usually in shorts, even in winter.....very casual, but that is only around the home...

If I had a call right now from a friend wanting to go out for supper or something, I would be in the shower in a flash, I would probably spend over and hour getting ready.....if I can't have enough time to do it all, I wouldn't go !!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by noolsg ->
Joanna Lumley is such an inspiration all right. I'm struggling to make an effort lately. I wish I had started three habit when I was younger.
off topic, but I have to say..."nice dogs",
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 05:55 PM

I like to be well-groomed too Art
Not for anyone else but for my own self-confidence
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:05 PM

Ditto. I’m no frump!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:37 PM

I too like to see a bit of glamour in an older woman. Just so long as they don't overdo it.

Low cut dresses look glam on young women but not on old ones - same goes for mini skirts, thigh high slits and other 'young' styles.

Joanna Lumley & Helen Mirren are good examples of how to do it right.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:42 PM

I think it was easier to "make up" when I was young...now being in my early 50s its a little more challenging lol
I cant wear much mascara cos it irritates my dry eyes..ive never worn lipstick
My hairs shot to pieces through no fault of my own (cancer chemo) so yes id love to look good but sadly fate and nature has her own agenda going on ...we cant all be glamour pusses lol (well thats my excuse an im sticking to it )
I say if youve got it then flipping flaunt it while you can !!
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:45 PM

always have worn make up -had my hair done on regular basis ..think a lot of 50s women are attractive with age ' low cut looks tarty' but now we have loads of great choices in clothes - I still where heels on special occasions'

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top