Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 07:23 PM

Are you a hoarder????

I have to admit I don't like to get rid of things that are or might be useful.
Cameras and accessories are my "hangup"

a Nikon coolpix compact (took the photo above)

plus a 35mm films camera and a 8mm movie camera

it is very rare I go anywhere without a camera, most times admittedly not used.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 07:50 PM

Re: Are you a hoarder????

Certainly! I have lots of cameras, mostly vintage, loads of wool, fabric, craft and art materials and plants.
It will all come in handy one day...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 08:27 PM

No not me, My mother was a hoarder and I hated living like that. It's made me the opposite.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 08:30 PM

I am a minimalist so no hoarding
I ask myself is it beautiful, is it useful and have I used it recently, if the answer is no it's out .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 08:34 PM

I don't hoard as a general rule. Anything in my kitchen has to serve a useful purpose - or out it goes. I regularly have a purge on books and ornaments in the sitting room. When it comes to clothes I operate a one in one out basis, also anything not worn for over a year goes out.

Then we come to the craft room - every type of glue known to man - enough card/paper to last my lifetime - a fine collection of steel dies, four die cutting machines and tools without number. Stencils/paints/glitter/embossing powders/ink pads/acrylic stamps/fabrics/computer/graphic CDs - and on - and on!
Not exactly a hoard - more a useful stash!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 08:43 PM

Realspeed, that's more of a hobby than hoarding stuff. It's your pastime and there's nothing wrong with that. I wish I had more hobbies myself!

The people I class as hoarders are those whose homes are littered with newspapers from decades ago or weirdos who collect lolly sticks with jokes on them. Takes all sorts
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I don't hoard as a general rule. Anything in my kitchen has to serve a useful purpose - or out it goes. I regularly have a purge on books and ornaments in the sitting room. When it comes to clothes I operate a one in one out basis, also anything not worn for over a year goes out.

Then we come to the craft room - every type of glue known to man - enough card/paper to last my lifetime - a fine collection of steel dies, four die cutting machines and tools without number. Stencils/paints/glitter/embossing powders/ink pads/acrylic stamps/fabrics/computer/graphic CDs - and on - and on!
Not exactly a hoard - more a useful stash!
Again, Tabby that's your interest and it's like a full-time job for you. My mother was the same, she had a craft room with every material known to man (or woman) in it: Textiles, dress-making patterns, paints, cards, Kermit the Frog soft toys....

I only keep stuff that I haven't got around to sorting out, such as things in the loft.
Mrs. F. keeps a very strictly immaculate house and anything she classes as 'junk' is thrown away or stashed up in one one-foot square storage box under the stairs.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 09:42 PM

Just getting rid of this lot I have never or not used for years
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 09:53 PM

No I try to be minimalist but the more I chuck out the more I seem to have . I hate clutter but what I have seems important because sometimes I chuck out junk then 6 months later I'm looking for it because its suddenly become important .

My loft is completely empty I like it that way but I still feel the house is weighted down with stuff . I love going to the tip or charity shop
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:36 PM

I try not to be. My wife is a minimalist and loathes unnecessary stuff around the place. I am a pretty organised and tidy person but I do tend to hoard some things. Vinyl records that are worn out but I can't bare to throw out. Books that I have read, comfy old clothes and shoes that are worn out but I love. Most of my severe hoarding tendencies have been beaten out of me though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top