Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 01:00 PM

Re: Katie Hopkins in the Supreme Court

I can't find a source that says all these people are paid by the EU. Does anyone have it?
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Here you are.

Some home truths at last

https://youtu.be/S6X227A9rYE
Boris Johnson said before the Supreme Court Case that the prorogue had noting to do with Brexit, and so the Supreme Court agreed that they would only focus on the prorogue and matters concerning it, which everybody involved agreed had nothing to do with Brexit. When Boris Johnson lost the case, he quickly changed his tune and attacked the Supreme Court for stifling Brexit.

So what's it going to be? The prorogue either was or was not related to Brexit, and before and during the court case, all parties involved agreed it was not. Which of Boris' stories are you looking to believe? If you believe that the judgement was bias then you are indirectly agreeing that Boris lied about the prorogue having nothing to do with pushing Brexit over the end line without the hassle of parliamentary involvement.

The bottom line is that every leaver is up in arms about the Supreme Court ruling because Boris' true unlawful motives were revealed. I guarantee you if you reversed all of this and it were Labour in the same position, every Leavers would be singing about the Supreme Court to the high heavens, proclaiming jubilantly what a great legal system the UK has. The ruling was just and fair, and the only reason leavers are up in arms is because it works against their narrative.

It is truly embarrassing that you have a woman so devoid of remorse as Katie Hopkins as your battle crier. Then again; that's par for course in a Right Wing world.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
Boris Johnson said before the Supreme Court Case that the prorogue had noting to do with Brexit, and so the Supreme Court agreed that they would only focus on the prorogue and matters concerning it, which everybody involved agreed had nothing to do with Brexit. When Boris Johnson lost the case, he quickly changed his tune and attacked the Supreme Court for stifling Brexit.

So what's it going to be? The prorogue either was or was not related to Brexit, and before and during the court case, all parties involved agreed it was not. Which of Boris' stories are you looking to believe? If you believe that the judgement was bias then you are indirectly agreeing that Boris lied about the prorogue having nothing to do with pushing Brexit over the end line without the hassle of parliamentary involvement.

The bottom line is that every leaver is up in arms about the Supreme Court ruling because Boris' true unlawful motives were revealed. I guarantee you if you reversed all of this and it were Labour in the same position, every Leavers would be singing about the Supreme Court to the high heavens, proclaiming jubilantly what a great legal system the UK has. The ruling was just and fair, and the only reason leavers are up in arms is because it works against their narrative.

It is truly embarrassing that you have a woman so devoid of remorse as Katie Hopkins as your battle crier. Then again; that's par for course in a Right Wing world.
Leavers are not 'up in arms' due to any unlawful motives by the PM, they are up in arms because of something called 'commitment', when you say your going to do something, you do it, not keep dragging it out. This is something the British people are taught from an early age, it's part of British culture.

It is no different when you have a lodger/roommate who say's they are going to leave but they don't, they just keep making excuse after excuse to prolong their stay, until it gets to the stage where the home owner gets totally fed up and just wants them out.

Or when your going to buy a house, the offer is accepted, legal papers are drawn up but then the sellers start asking for more time because something has come up, then more time is asked, then more time, until the buyers get so fed up they cancel the house buy.

When you commit to say you are going to do something, then you do it, it's inbuilt into the British way of life and it is being stretched to the limit with regards to brexit. People voted leave, they was told that all parties and MP's would honour the referendum result and work together to come to a working solution on leaving the EU. This has not happened and time and time again we see the PM trying to find ways to leave the EU and each time the PM is blocked.

Leavers do not actually care about the specifics of the supreme courts decision, all they care about is that the commitment promised to the people to leave the EU has once again been blocked/delayed.

If someone say's to you 'i'll do that, i'll take out the trash, i'll go clean the car, i'll go get the food shopping, i'll go take the dogs for a walk, i'll take the kids to school', you expect them to do it don't you and when they don't, you get annoyed/frustrated don't you because they said they was going to do something and you trusted them to do it. Leavers are no different.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Leavers are not 'up in arms' due to any unlawful motives by the PM, they are up in arms because of something called 'commitment', when you say your going to do something, you do it, not keep dragging it out. This is something the British people are taught from an early age, it's part of British culture.

It is no different when you have a lodger/roommate who say's they are going to leave but they don't, they just keep making excuse after excuse to prolong their stay, until it gets to the stage where the home owner gets totally fed up and just wants them out.

Or when your going to buy a house, the offer is accepted, legal papers are drawn up but then the sellers start asking for more time because something has come up, then more time is asked, then more time, until the buyers get so fed up they cancel the house buy.

When you commit to say you are going to do something, then you do it, it's inbuilt into the British way of life and it is being stretched to the limit with regards to brexit. People voted leave, they was told that all parties and MP's would honour the referendum result and work together to come to a working solution on leaving the EU. This has not happened and time and time again we see the PM trying to find ways to leave the EU and each time the PM is blocked.

Leavers do not actually care about the specifics of the supreme courts decision, all they care about is that the commitment promised to the people to leave the EU has once again been blocked/delayed.

If someone say's to you 'i'll do that, i'll take out the trash, i'll go clean the car, i'll go get the food shopping, i'll go take the dogs for a walk, i'll take the kids to school', you expect them to do it don't you and when they don't, you get annoyed/frustrated don't you because they said they was going to do something and you trusted them to do it. Leavers are no different.
Well then leavers are clearly unable to distinguish the difference in importance between not taking the thrash out when they said they would, and saving the British population from an EU exit voted by an overwhelming minority of the British population.

The true reason for the frustration Dodge is that most leavers who do not stand to make any financial gain from leaving the EU have been brainwashed. It's almost like a kid who has been allowed a load of sweets for 3 years is finally being told that they are seriously bad for them, and so the candy is being confiscated for the good of the kid.

And the kid throws a tantrum. There will be a 2+ year extension and it's time leavers got used to it. It is for the greater good of the British population.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Excellent post.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:52 PM

Your parliament committed to leave based on knowledge (I expressly avoid using the term facts) gained during the campaign period. Some had studied the facts, as far as available, others just believed what others (like boris farage) had stated as factual opinions.

The withdrawal agreement had to be compliant with the red lines the UK demanded. The result provided a gradual transition and solutions to matters as the border in ireland.

Only at that late moment your parliamentarians started to realise what they were in for. The rest is british history.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Excellent post.
Hardly an excellent post Judd. It's simplistic at best and completely misunderstands the seriousness of leaving the EU. The juxtaposition of refusing to take thrash out and refusing to leave the EU should have been quite clear no?
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Your parliament committed to leave based on knowledge (I expressly avoid using the term facts) gained during the campaign period. Some had studied the facts, as far as available, others just believed what others (like boris farage) had stated as factual opinions.

The withdrawal agreement had to be compliant with the red lines the UK demanded. The result provided a gradual transition and solutions to matters as the border in ireland.

Only at that late moment your parliamentarians started to realise what they were in for. The rest is british history.
Nail on the head. This is why Dodge's post is null and void. It makes no sense to draw the comparisons he has drawn, but Judd doesn't seem to understand that.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:03 PM

Well then leavers are clearly unable to distinguish the difference in importance between not taking the thrash out when they said they would, and saving the British population from an EU exit voted by an overwhelming minority of the British population.

The true reason for the frustration Dodge is that most leavers who do not stand to make any financial gain from leaving the EU have been brainwashed. It's almost like a kid who has been allowed a load of sweets for 3 years is finally being told that they are seriously bad for them, and so the candy is being confiscated for the good of the kid.

And the kid throws a tantrum. There will be a 2+ year extension and it's time leavers got used to it. It is for the greater good of the British population.
Thanks for confirming the overwhelming majority vote for
leaving EU Spud!! No more needs be said does it?
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:05 PM

This prorogation was no different to any other. The supreme court just made up a law to suit it's own agenda.

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top