Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Keeper of Dreams
West Wales
Keeper of Dreams is female  Keeper of Dreams has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 10:38 AM

Hop aboard the CHARABANC TOUR daily.

A warm welcome to you all,please make yourselves comfortable and at home.

To begin our Charabanc tour we trust you are well rested,ready and able to join in what is simply just
a small tour of a much loved, rather charming Somerset corner. .......................hope you are sitting comfortably and have your comfortable walking shoes on...................

Cleeve Abbey,Washford....undiscovered jewel of Somerset.Cistercian Abbey of Cleeve,finest cloister building in England.Dated 1158.
Offering a spiritual tranquillity............

Cleeve Abbey.....has 6 species of bats

Anvill Valley .........where this beautiful ancient Village lies.

Dunster Castle.Dunster..........11th Century Castle....former motte & bailey Castle.........now a country house.

Gallox Bridge .Dunster...........Gateway to Exmoor.

Yarn the Market Place......the old Exmoor wool & cloth trade.

Dovecote... .Dunster

Buttercross at Dunster...........where people met to sell butter

Church at Dunster....The Parish & Priory Church of St George.The Church has carillon bells that play a different tune every day of the week.

Gate to secret garden

Church garden overflowing with flowers.

Exmoor......river Barle...... bridge crossing the valley between Simonsbath & Dulverton.

A cream tea,.................of course what else??!!.........no overdoing it please!!

Trusting you have enjoyed the first little tour............more to follow in serial form.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 10:48 AM

Re: Hop aboard the CHARABANC TOUR daily.

Very interesting, and what lovey photos. But where are all the people? Have they been airbrushed out?
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 10:53 AM

Interesting thread and for one with mobility problems greatly appreciated.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Dunster is a lovely little place I have had some enjoyable times there...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Fabulous Can I book for the next tour please ?
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 10:59 AM

interesting thread KoD looking forward to the next charabanc trip
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:00 AM

Lovely Photos of old buildings and the landscape is stunning,thanks for the trip round such a beautiful area.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:01 AM

An interesting trip KoD, thanks .... can I have a season ticket?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 11:16 AM

Lovely photos.
Keeper of Dreams
West Wales
Keeper of Dreams is female  Keeper of Dreams has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 12:01 PM

My word folks you have made an oldish lady very happy!!!

Thank you all very much.

Moyra you have "hit the nail on the head" as it were because I am housebound,have suffered serious health issues for years............ and although once extremely active I now find far too much time on my hands...............but my mind is ever active.................hence devising these tours,which are certainly uplifting for me, filling in many boring long hours.................whilst having had 30 years heavily involved in voluntary work.......... the aim was to reach out to those others house or bed bound, disabled etc.......................whilst of course a great bonus if many others enjoy the fruits of my labours too.!!!

Jazzi.............only when you mentioned it I too realised that the public were missing!!!
Perhaps they were too shy to be filmed!!

Indeed Meg I agree,Dunster is perfectly charming.

Mags ,Myrtle and perhaps you Wishbone??? a season ticket is on its way.

Just one little reminder.
I shall be posting longer tours which will take days or even weeks to complete................ so please hold on and be patient!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top