Join for free
Page 14 of 24 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 03:52 PM

Re: I'm A Celebrity Spoiler Page

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

At least Matthew says to people's faces can't stand the other gossiping behind his back like they do.
Not everything needs to be said - he's an arrogant ***** at the best of times and from what I've seen of him, most people won't stand up to him so, as far as I'm concerned, he's had a taste of his own medicine.

Sometimes, what is referred to as gossiping is nothing more than people trying to find out if others feel the same or if it's just them getting rubbed up the wrong way. I wouldn't accuse people of gossiping unless it happened constantly with no action taken. Alfonso's downfall, imo, is leaving things until he was at bursting point but it needed to be said.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Not everything needs to be said - he's an arrogant ***** at the best of times and from what I've seen of him, most people won't stand up to him so, as far as I'm concerned, he's had a taste of his own medicine.

Sometimes, what is referred to as gossiping is nothing more than people trying to find out if others feel the same or if it's just them getting rubbed up the wrong way. I wouldn't accuse people of gossiping unless it happened constantly with no action taken. Alfonso's downfall, imo, is leaving things until he was at bursting point but it needed to be said.
I don't disagree but I am a veteran of reality shows so I know what I like in a contestant and it does no harm to have a Matthew character in the mix he will keep it lively, we also need nice people too of course but I don't want to see him voted out too soon when he could be just what keeps the show interesting.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 04:02 PM

I don't disagree but I am a veteran of reality shows so I know what I like in a contestant and it does no harm to have a Matthew character in the mix he will keep it lively, we also need nice people too of course but I don't want to see him voted out too soon when he could be just what keeps the show interesting.
I am also a veteran of these shows and I agree that lively characters are often voted out much too soon; Matthew borders on aggression though and if others end up feeling intimidated (as Rebecca did when he was jabbing his finger in her face), that's going too far. It would be interesting to see if he would do that with Lucy or the woman from Eastenders - I'll bet he wouldn't.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 05:20 PM

No way would Matthew dare have a go at Lucy or at Mo from Eastenders because they would certainly put him in his place. I've noticed the looks that Lucy gives to Amy too, I think she is getting fed up of Amy and her laziness.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2013, 05:21 PM

I am also a veteran of these shows and I agree that lively characters are often voted out much too soon; Matthew borders on aggression though and if others end up feeling intimidated (as Rebecca did when he was jabbing his finger in her face), that's going too far. It would be interesting to see if he would do that with Lucy or the woman from Eastenders - I'll bet he wouldn't.
When I saw that I thought if others didn't feel as he did why didn't someone speak up for her, looked to me like she tried telling the wrong person how to do what they were already doing and she had possibly just met her match.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
No way would Matthew dare have a go at Lucy or at Mo from Eastenders because they would certainly put him in his place. I've noticed the looks that Lucy gives to Amy too, I think she is getting fed up of Amy and her laziness.
BIB: that's what I thought as well

I think it has to be a bit of laziness on Amy's part and it's a shame as she seems a really nice girl - she has to learn that not everyone is a parent to her!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2013, 06:52 PM

When I saw that I thought if others didn't feel as he did why didn't someone speak up for her, looked to me like she tried telling the wrong person how to do what they were already doing and she had possibly just met her match.
To be fair, I do think she'd been a bit bossy in that respect, telling people how to do things and I don't actually blame Matthew for telling her to back off - it was the way he did it that I objected to. I would never be able to condone publicly humiliating anyone - he could have taken her to one side and spoken to her (as, really, Alfonso should have done).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-11-2013, 07:04 PM

To be fair, I do think she'd been a bit bossy in that respect, telling people how to do things and I don't actually blame Matthew for telling her to back off - it was the way he did it that I objected to. I would never be able to condone publicly humiliating anyone - he could have taken her to one side and spoken to her (as, really, Alfonso should have done).
Completely agree but I am guessing that is why he is in the jungle and not either of us
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Completely agree but I am guessing that is why he is in the jungle and not either of us
Good point
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Can't believe Mo has been voted out of the jungle. I was really surprised.

Page 14 of 24 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top