Join for free
Page 63 of 72 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Thanks for that Summer, and good morning to you too, cheered me up no end.....
My part of Yorkshire is bathed in sunshine this morning, and looks brilliant, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 02:12 AM

It was cold but sunny today where I live...no snow as yet
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 08:54 PM

Hi Yorkies!

I really should be posting in this thread. I am in Yorkshire after all albeit lost out on a limb on the Humber. I just keep forgetting about this thread for some reason
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Yorkies!

I really should be posting in this thread. I am in Yorkshire after all albeit lost out on a limb on the Humber. I just keep forgetting about this thread for some reason
You should be proud. Your 'new county' is the only one which insisted on being entitled 'Riding'.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You should be proud. Your 'new county' is the only one which insisted on being entitled 'Riding'.
That's true JBR, but that horrible tag that we're also known as "Humberside" is still used too freely here. The option there is to knock down the bridge and drain the river
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's true JBR, but that horrible tag that we're also known as "Humberside" is still used too freely here. The option there is to knock down the bridge and drain the river
Yes, of course. To me, and other traditionalists, the East Riding of Yorkshire does not include (and never has included) the northern shores of Lincolnshire.

I'm sure that many members here are unaware of the traditional (1000+ years old) counties of Great Britain, so I've attached a map if anyone is interested.

(To examine any detail, viewers should left click the map, then left click the larger map which appears, then used Ctrl+ to enlarge it further.)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Traditional counties of Great Britain.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	9180  
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 08:33 AM

I've decided I'm voting for the Yorkshire Independence Party at the next election....buggar Brexit...we can make Leeds the capital city and Sean Bean the first President of the Republic of Yorkshire

Makes perfect sense to me
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-04-2019, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've decided I'm voting for the Yorkshire Independence Party at the next election....buggar Brexit...we can make Leeds the capital city and Sean Bean the first President of the Republic of Yorkshire

Makes perfect sense to me

First thing to do is set up an effective border force, not like the ones down south who let any bugger in.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

First thing to do is set up an effective border force, not like the ones down south who let any bugger in.
Should we ask the Lancs to join us, then we can totally cut off the lorries and trains going north with supplies for Scotland and charge them to pass through.....I bet we could make a bob or two.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-04-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Should we ask the Lancs to join us, then we can totally cut off the lorries and trains going north with supplies for Scotland and charge them to pass through.....I bet we could make a bob or two.....
Yes, I'd go for that.

We may joke about the Lankies but they are, after all, the second best people in this country.

Except for their cricket team, of course.

Page 63 of 72 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top