Join for free
Page 13 of 33 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 02:54 PM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

These scammers must think we are totally thick! The text below was received by me via e-mail. If you receive the same then beware as this is not the first time I've received similar, they are persistent if nothing else that is for sure!

( I.M.F ) Head Office
Senior Resident Representative
1900 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20431, USA.
Tell: (206) 508-1497 TEXT ONLY
REF:-XVGNN82018.

Attention; Fund Beneficiary,

This is to intimate you of a very important information which will be of a great help to redeem you from all the difficulties you have been experiencing in getting your long over due payment, due to excessive demand for money from you by both corrupt Bank officials and Courier Companies after which your fund remain unpaid to you.

I am Ms. Kristalina Georgieva, a highly placed official of the
International Monetary Fund (IMF). It may interest you to know that reports have reached our office by so many correspondences on the uneasy way which people like you are treated by Various Banks and Courier Companies/Diplomat across Europe to Africa and Asia /London Uk. We have decided to put a stop to that.

All Governmental and Non-Governmental prostates, NGOs, Finance Companies, Banks, Security Companies and Courier companies which have been in contact with you of late have been instructed to back off from your transaction and you have been advised NOT to respond to them anymore since the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is now directly in charge of your payment. Your name appeared in our payment schedule list of beneficiaries that will receive their funds in this first quarter payment of the year because we only transfer fund twice in a year according to our banking regulation. We apologize for the delay of your payment and please stop communicating with any office now and
attention to our office payment accordingly.

Now your new Payment, United Nation Approval No; UN5685P, White House Approved No: WH44CV, Reference No.-35460021, Allocation No: 674632, Password No: 339331, Pin Code No: 55674 and your Certificate of Merit Payment No: 103, Released Code No: 0763; Immediate (IMF) Telex confirmation No: -1114433; Secret Code No: XXTN013. Your payment inheritance fund is USD$10.7Million. Having received these vital payment numbers, therefore you are qualified now to received and confirm your payment with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) immediately. We assure you that your payment will get to you as long as you follow my directives and instructions. We have decided to give you a CODE, THE CODE IS: 047. Please, any time you receive a mail with the name Kristalina Georgieva, check if there is CODE (047) if the code is not written, please delete the massage from your box! You are hereby advised NOT to remit further payment to any institutions with respect to your transaction as your fund will be transferred to you directly from our source. I hope this is clear. Any action contrary to this instruction is at your own risk. Respond to this e-mail on: (ms.kristalinageorgieva22@gmail.com) with immediate effect and we shall give you further details on how your fund will be released.

Make your reply here for fast responds (ms.kristalinageorgieva22@gmail.com).

Ms. Kristalina Georgieva
Managing Director of the International
Tell: (206) 508-1497 TEXT ONLY
Monetary Fund. (I.M.F)(047).

Party Invite
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur quis sem odio. Sed commodo vestibulum leo, sit amet tempus odio consectetur in.

Plus of course the obligatory TICK HERE box to complete the scam. All of the above now resides in my Bin awaiting emptying!

Unbelievable isn't it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 08:54 PM

Wow! sounds epic Baz.....Are you going for it?.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Wow! sounds epic Baz.....Are you going for it?.....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:19 PM

No OGF, I don't think so somehow. I might just wait for the next one as that might be more lucrative! They really are quite pathetic but I guess they only need one or two vulnerable people.

The last one I received was even more involved, that was an offer to pay money into my account via yet another scammer. They wanted my account details to do this, which obviously were not given to them. The second one duly contacted me with the offer of £ thousands that were to be paid to me. Then when there was no response they even started hassling me more. I just let them continue – then put all the e-mails in the Bin! That was the fourth or fifth of similar scams, why do they bother when there's no take-up?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, a good laugh if nothing else. I just feel sorry for anyone who does take the bait and loses a lot of money. Often their life savings too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:28 PM

Two more -

1. People expecting parcels. Scammers are pretending to be orthodux companies, and once they have your money they are not sending the goods you've ordered.

This was on the news yesterday and some shoppers are getting something else entirely arrive.
One I particularly remember was a man who paid for some expensive compter stuff, and received 6 tins of cheap dog food instead!
The company wouldn't refund the customer as they had proof of postage and said they put the right order in the box!

2. Bogus meter readers are about trying to gain access to people's homes.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, a good laugh if nothing else. I just feel sorry for anyone who does take the bait and loses a lot of money. Often their life savings too.
Before condemning me, perhaps you can consider exactly what I was laughing at.

If there still remains any doubt, I feel as angry with these con artists as anyone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-12-2020, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Two more -

1. People expecting parcels again. It was on the news yesterday that people doing online ordering and have paid for their goods, are getting something else entirely arrive.
One I particularly remember was a man who paid for some expensive compter stuff, and received 6 tins of cheap dog food!
The company wouldn't refund the customer as they had proof of postage and said they put the right order in the box!
I suppose it depends upon which seller people use. I don't know which company this example was, but I'm sure that there are consumer protection laws which would have fought for the customer.

Certainly, if the buyer uses a credit card, the credit card company would ensure a full refund in such a case.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 10:19 AM

Firstly, if I buy anything online, I will only pay by PayPal. If the seller does not accept PayPal, then I look for one that does. I do buy a lot of things from eBay and Amazon.
I have only had one problem earlier, but the bank got my money back.
As for Baz46 email, there is a group that hooks onto these ‘BOYS’ and will play with them for ages. (419 Eater).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No OGF, I don't think so somehow. I might just wait for the next one as that might be more lucrative! They really are quite pathetic but I guess they only need one or two vulnerable people.

The last one I received was even more involved, that was an offer to pay money into my account via yet another scammer. They wanted my account details to do this, which obviously were not given to them. The second one duly contacted me with the offer of £ thousands that were to be paid to me. Then when there was no response they even started hassling me more. I just let them continue – then put all the e-mails in the Bin! That was the fourth or fifth of similar scams, why do they bother when there's no take-up?

I'm sorry to have made light of it Baz and I really feel for the people who have been duped out of their life savings, but the email you posted was so obviously a scam I couldn't resist the humorous response. I wasn't thinking about the poor folks who would take an email like that seriously....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I suppose it depends upon which seller people use. I don't know which company this example was, but I'm sure that there are consumer protection laws which would have fought for the customer.

Certainly, if the buyer uses a credit card, the credit card company would ensure a full refund in such a case.
I had a parcel, from Amazon, last year, which contained a package of cat food.

The order was for a piece of technical stuff.

When I complained, Amazon, at first, were wary.

In the end, they asked for the parcel & contents to be returned and shipped out another correct item.
One thing I did learn was that Amazon have cameras everywhere, even in the parcel packing area, and are able to see what's shut into your parcel.

Good for them!

That worked OK.

Page 13 of 33 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top