Join for free
Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:22 AM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Michelle Dewberry was on this evening discussing grooming gangs which are now operating in her home town of Hull. She made it clear that they had been operating for many years in Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford, Birmingham etc but this news has upset her.

She had Maggie Oliver on (former policewoman who exposed these gangs and fought to get them convicted) and the reporter from the Hull newspaper who broke the story.

It was a lengthy discussion but none of them mentioned that these are Asian grooming gangs which I believe they should have done. As my son said “there’s a glaring omission there.”
Doesn't this prove beyond doubt that certain sections of society are in possession of rights of which the rest of us are not permitted?

Are the same people not constantly demanding that they don't have the same rights as the indigenous population of this country?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I didn’t know Anne Widecombe had been on this programme. I love her as she’s a straight talker, even though she is a bit odd!
She may be a silly old woman, but she's an intelligent and well-spoken silly old woman with her head firmly screwed on!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
She may be a silly old woman, but she's an intelligent and well-spoken silly old woman with her head firmly screwed on!
Definitely! JBR. Maybe, l should have used the word, eccentric?

In an interview about the Matt Hancock affair, she said, she didn’t know how he had time!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
How silly of me to assume that a channel calling itself GB News is trying to present itself as a news channel, Foxy.
It used to say Hovis on Buses Harbal, but they never sold bread...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 08:53 PM

Andrew Neil Fuel Cell Electic Vehicles.

Discussion on what may be an alternative especially for buses.

Found this.

https://www.bmw.com/en/innovation/ho...rk.html#pwjt-1

Hydrogen technology is not new, but is tried and tested in a range of fields. By way of example, refineries today use large quantities of hydrogen as a process gas in the processing of crude oil. Pipelines and hydrogen storage have also been in operation for decades.

BMW is convinced that hydrogen can make an important contribution to sustainable mobility alongside BEVs in the future – provided the necessary hydrogen infrastructure is in place and offers a good price for hydrogen, and the price of the vehicles falls. In those circumstances, hydrogen fuel cell cars can be the zero-emissions technology that allows users to maintain the flexible driving habits they are accustomed to.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Andrew Neil Fuel Cell Electic Vehicles.

Discussion on what may be an alternative especially for buses.

Found this.

https://www.bmw.com/en/innovation/ho...rk.html#pwjt-1
I think we've got to realise Cinders that the move to Electric Vehicles has got nothing to do with pollution or saving the planet. If it was, methane and hydrogen powered vehicles would be the better option, and we could adapt the engines that we currently use instead of scrapping them, such a waste. It's got more to do with driving motorists off the roads than saving the planet.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-07-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think we've got to realise Cinders that the move to Electric Vehicles has got nothing to do with pollution or saving the planet. If it was, methane and hydrogen powered vehicles would be the better option, and we could adapt the engines that we currently use instead of scrapping them, such a waste. It's got more to do with driving motorists off the roads than saving the planet.
I agree. I'm afraid I don't trust the government much these days.

In my ideal world, we'd have invested heavily in nuclear power long ago. After all, it is perfectly safe when operated by a sensible and knowledgeable organisation/country.

With nuclear power providing unlimited amounts of electricity reliably, we'd be able to convert water (we're surrounded by it, for heaven's sake) to hydrogen and oxygen.

Those two elements together could be burnt to produce heat and hydrogen alone to power vehicles.

It's only uneducated namby-pamby snowflakes who try to convince us all that nuclear power is dangerous.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-07-2021, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. I'm afraid I don't trust the government much these days.

In my ideal world, we'd have invested heavily in nuclear power long ago. After all, it is perfectly safe when operated by a sensible and knowledgeable organisation/country.

With nuclear power providing unlimited amounts of electricity reliably, we'd be able to convert water (we're surrounded by it, for heaven's sake) to hydrogen and oxygen.

Those two elements together could be burnt to produce heat and hydrogen alone to power vehicles.

It's only uneducated namby-pamby snowflakes who try to convince us all that nuclear power is dangerous.
I don't trust them either JB, we are all pawns in a global game of chess, it's all about who we (in the west) want to do business with and who we want to freeze out. To get traffic off the roads tell everyone they are destroying the planet and putting their children's futures in jeopardy by driving vehicles they can afford, and need to drive something that they and the planet can't afford. In either case, it's the planet that has to supply the raw materials.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Looks that way. The roads are in a terrible state we now restrict the use of the car for essentials.

No more days out to sights or attractions, just local restaurants on occasions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-07-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Looks that way. The roads are in a terrible state we now restrict the use of the car for essentials.

No more days out to sights or attractions, just local restaurants on occasions.
Yes, some of the roads around here are also terrible.

Of course, I suppose we can't continue to blame the fact that we pay for new roads in East Europe any more.

Or do we?

Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top