Join for free
Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 01:37 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When I complained to the guy at Specsavers that my glasses were not quite right, he told me it was probably something to do with my eyes.
Marge's mother has had quite a few problems with Specsavers. They've prescribed her some glasses which do nothing to help her failing eyesight, so Marge went with her the other day to put them right. She had to explain to them what the real problem was and suggested how they could correct it - and she isn't an ophthalmologist.

They accepted her advice and the replacement glasses for her mother are much better.

Nowt to do with GB News, of course, but it says a lot about Specsavers!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
GB News has been on air for less than a week. It might just need a bit of time to find its feet.

I remember Sky (including the News) being thought bad to start with back in 1989.
Absolutely.

Apart from the fact that I welcome a new news channel which isn't left-wing biased like the rest of them, I'd support them even more simply because the woke warriors (including some advertisers) are doing all they can to put them down.

It's high time that someone stood up to the overwhelming influence that the left-wing news channels are trying to impose on us all.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hey Ikea can do no wrong!

I couldn't give a monkeys who advertises on this pile of whatsit, but I can understand if big companies don't want to advertise on a mediocre channel.
Apart from censoring women from their Saudi Arabia catalogues, do you mean?

Mediocre channel? Have you actually watched it or are you just following what the Woke army are telling you? You know, those that condemned the channel a full three months before it was launched.

This just in.

IKEA reverses boycott of GBNews after massive backlash.

Go Woke, Go Broke
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 02:03 PM

One black one white again this morning. Are they trying to prove they are not racist? (in which case they are giving in to wokeness) or are the rules so rigid that they would not be able to broadcast if they broke them?
In this case, maybe the black presenter got the job on merit and not because of the colour of her skin?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Apart from censoring women from their Saudi Arabia catalogues, do you mean?

Mediocre channel? Have you actually watched it or are you just following what the Woke army are telling you? You know, those that condemned the channel a full three months before it was launched.

This just in.

IKEA reverses boycott of GBNews after massive backlash.

Go Woke, Go Broke
I'm sure they won't be the only ones to see the error of their ways!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
In this case, maybe the black presenter got the job on merit and not because of the colour of her skin?
Yes. That's perfectly possible, of course.

The trouble is now, after all the PC moves toward 'inclusivity' people can never be sure!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 03:18 PM

When I complained to the guy at Specsavers that my glasses were not quite right, he told me it was probably something to do with my eyes.
I had to take a pair of distance glasses back after 3 months because one of the lenses wasn't quite right. They changed both lenses FOC - they said although the faulty lens was <0.1mm out of tolerance, it didn't meet their normal standards and they were more than happy to replace both.

Specsavers are getting a shedload of cancelled appointments and no-shows.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 03:30 PM

If you don't like, don't watch.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 03:44 PM

I've found the article in today's DE that refers to Specsavers:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...w-neil-channel
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-06-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've found the article in today's DE that refers to Specsavers:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...w-neil-channel
I suspect that Specsavers (and others) are now beginning to experience an attack of common sense!

Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top