Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:46 AM

Re: How far would you go ?

How far would I go? I don't think I would bother joining a dating site, there are places I might go to but that's basing it on now, it might be different in the future.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:52 AM

I wouldn't cross the road. Why would I want a relationship when I am absolutely content being single? Women are great but I don't need or want a partner.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How far would I go? I don't think I would bother joining a dating site, there are places I might go to but that's basing it on now, it might be different in the future.
I’ve joined a dating site and at best I’d call it amusing , an eye opener at times but mostly boring waste of time , but that is a long way from actually booking a ‘singles holiday ‘
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I’ve joined a dating site and at best I’d call it amusing , an eye opener at times but mostly boring waste of time , but that is a long way from actually booking a ‘singles holiday ‘
I suppose the trouble is, if you go on holiday with a load of couples, you tend to get left out a bit, whereas on a single's holiday, everyone is in the same boat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:05 AM

Why do so many people feel they have to have a partner , I can't think of anything worse at my age .

Oh the joys of being single, doing what you want when you want and having no one to whom you have to answer .

Being single is vastly underrated .
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:10 AM

Oh I’m resigned to staying single , indeed already planning the years ahead based on this fact myself however I saw what this lady had done in the paper and thought I’d throw it out there
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Luckily, I don't have that problem, because I will surely die before she does.
But just in case I'm wrong, I only need to travel 15 km to town where there are plenty opportunities of meeting good looking widows. Then again I could invite one of you English Ladies to visit me in my little kingdom.
Are you listening, Mupsy?

Ploppy . . my long lost Ploppy came back for me after all this time - swoon.

My suitcase has been packed for months, and I'm picking Twink up as we speak.
Get the bubbly ready Plops.

P.S. . . can I bring Gertie please?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Why do so many people feel they have to have a partner , I can't think of anything worse at my age .

Oh the joys of being single, doing what you want when you want and having no one to whom you have to answer .

Being single is vastly underrated .
I'm with you Meg, I get sick of people asking why I haven't found anyone else yet. It's even worse when they won't accept I really don't want anyone.

As for this online dating rubbish...no thanks, don't want my inbox full of...never mind
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
With a growing number of older singlies , mature dating sites popping up like mushrooms all over the internet ... if you were single how far would you go to find a mate or would /are you happy being resigned to staying single etc

Is going off piste really the way to meet a man?
https://mol.im/a/6688857

Mandy Appleyard gave her verdict of a Spice group ski trip in the Italian Alps
The 58-year-old has been happily single since her last break-up in 2016
A friend convinced her she would meet a man in time for Valentine's Day
Several of the married couples in her group had met through Spice
Mandy says most of the men in the group looked as if they lived with their mum
She says the experience with 50 others was one of the loneliest weeks of her life
Lying on my side, snow seeping into my second-hand salopettes like oil into a rag, I watch more adept skiers continue up the mountain on the lift from which I have just fallen.
Surrounded by giant snow-covered pine trees, I have no clue where I am nor what to do next, but there’s no way back: I’d need to be 20 ft tall to get back on the button lift above me.
Feeling humiliated, afraid and lost was not how I’d envisaged the first day of my solo skiing holiday in the Italian Alps. I thought I’d be swigging hot chocolate with a happy gang of like-minded new pals in a cosy mountain chalet, not sodden and tear-soaked as I ski and stumble.
This agony is repeated for an hour until I emerge onto a piste, blue with cold and dizzy with relief. I ski — alone — back down the mountain to the safety of terra firma and mulled wine in my hotel.
In that link she says quote " Now 58, I’ve been single since my last break-up in 2016" Unquote

This makes me wonder how many times this "breakup" has happened and is it her at fault ?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ploppy . . my long long Ploppy came back for me after all this time - swoon.

My suitcase has been packed for months, and I'm picking Twink up as we speak.
Get the bubbly ready Plops.

P.S. . . can I bring Gertie please?
Mupsy, Twinky and Gertie, no worries at all. I will add another room to the house ASAP. Oh, and there's enough room for Gertie on the lounge too.
Not sure whether Twinky's cats will like it here though.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top