Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Re: What was the computer game...

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I remember playing a version of 'The Hobbit' on a Commodore 64!!
Took ages to load.
My son’s first computer was the Commodore 64 and I used to enjoy playing Fire Ant on it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 05:49 PM

Being an avid gamer, I play mostly online, they have recently remastered call of duty, the first one, it was truly a game changer ( excuse the pun) , when it was released back in 2006, nothing like it at the time, and the franchise is still going strong
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
But after Asteroids I moved on to Battle Zone (for the spohisticated 3D graphics .....)

Ah Battle Zone

I used to play that a lot in the arcades on a Saturday

Got quite good at it. You could survive a fairly long time by just retreating backwards with a little side movement. Enemy tanks shots would shoot past and you could pick the tank off easily. Problem is you would invariably end up bumping into one of those cube blocks and then have to frantically move out of the way whilst being shot at.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 06:43 PM

This imho was the best "bat and ball" type game

ARKANOID

Lots of different screens of bricks to be destroyed by batting the ball at it. Lots of special bonus bricks that dropped enhancements like a bigger bat, multiple balls, laser firing, slow balls and extra lives and so on.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I remember playing a version of 'The Hobbit' on a Commodore 64!!
Took ages to load.
I was one of the first people to buy an Action Replay cartridge which amongst other functions, it had a function to compress a game's data and save it so it loaded faster from tape. As a guide to how good it was, Elite on the Commodore 64 took around 12 to 15 minutes to load from tape, whereas the compressed tape version took around 10 to 15 seconds, as I recall. My mates were very jealous.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 08:02 PM

My first mobile had Quadrapop on it, I managed to find it again, love it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

12-04-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Elite on the Commodore 64 took around 12 to 15 minutes to load from tape
I used to spend many hours playing Elite on a BBC micro. Amassed lots of game money and had all the extra equipment you could buy. Fantastic game in its time.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This imho was the best "bat and ball" type game

ARKANOID

Lots of different screens of bricks to be destroyed by batting the ball at it. Lots of special bonus bricks that dropped enhancements like a bigger bat, multiple balls, laser firing, slow balls and extra lives and so on.
Oooh, I remember that one Realist - I enjoyed that

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top