Join for free
Page 279 of 370 « First < 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 12:04 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That dratted cough! I'm sorry you both suffered too. I had some sort of joint pain with the first onset too. So perhaps it's just a nasty bug and not age? I hope so! Hard to tell sometimes.
It's a nasty bug, Annie. I'm too young for it to be an age thing

Though to be honest, I was getting worried after six weeks of it not abating
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 06:07 PM

Well, I was having a light meal for lunch before hitting the gym and suddenly a bit ill and retching. It wasn't fun, but it seemed to clear the last tightness out of my chest. I was too nauseous to finish all my lunch, but made it to the gym. I thought I hadn't done very well but surprisingly managed 1074 reps on various machines, burnt 481 calories and scored 81 out of 100. I thought I'd done a lot less than that, to be honest. I'd have stayed longer but the nausea was creeping back a bit and I thought I'd quite while I was ahead. Session totals...

Stomach Crunch: 120 x 50Kg
Back Extension: 90 x 50Kg
Tricep Extension: 80 x 30Kg, 70 x 35Kg
Pec Deck: 110 x 35Kg, 35 x 40Kg
Pull Down: 80 x 50Kg
Chest press: 15 x 40Kg, 60 x 35Kg
Leg Curl: 20 x 35Kg
Leg Extension: 35 x 25Kg
Hip Abduction 30 x 30Kg
Shoulder Press: 15 x 15Kg

The machines seemed to be recording erratically today as the numbers above don't match the daily summary, but I can't figure out which machines didn't tally properly. No biggie though, I'm just happy I did reasonably well.

Now all I have to do is NOT eat any chocolate eggs this weekend! Good luck and good training, all.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 01:21 AM

Hi, Annie! How wonderful to hear you gave it a go running with your dog the other day. OGF, definitely has the recipe for bouncing back, and sooner or later, we've all been there having to start over at square one. There aren't any rules on this thread. Sometimes we report in just to say hello. I sure am happy to know you are bouncing back from that nagging cough.

Tachyon, I suppose that was one way to get a fresh start , and whatever caused your queasiness, It must have worked. LOL, I think that's terrific that you went on with your workout.

After 15 hours and yet another 1,000 miles of driving yesterday, plus four hours today, I am inspired to run around the globe. As much as I love long drives, entertaining podcasts and the varying landscape, I am so terribly happy to be home!

It's too late to run today, but my shoes and I will be on the trails early.

There really is no place like home...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, Annie! How wonderful to hear you gave it a go running with your dog the other day. OGF, definitely has the recipe for bouncing back, and sooner or later, we've all been there having to start over at square one. There aren't any rules on this thread. Sometimes we report in just to say hello. I sure am happy to know you are bouncing back from that nagging cough.

Tachyon, I suppose that was one way to get a fresh start , and whatever caused your queasiness, It must have worked. LOL, I think that's terrific that you went on with your workout.

After 15 hours and yet another 1,000 miles of driving yesterday, plus four hours today, I am inspired to run around the globe. As much as I love long drives, entertaining podcasts and the varying landscape, I am so terribly happy to be home!

It's too late to run today, but my shoes and I will be on the trails early.

There really is no place like home...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:56 AM

Hi there Fit Gang

Quick post here as I'm out and about on my mobile...(dunno how to highlight in bold on a phone either, so your names are in boring plain type )

Tachyon - Another juicy workout mate. There's that thin line between rest and giving it some but it all keeps the injuries at bay. Well done bud.

Susie - I don't envy you travelling all those miles everywhere but I know needs prevail and it's quite an achievement for you to then ditch the auto and pounds the roads again on foot. Bet it's good to be back home again.

And Bob....Just....
Keep it going buddy

I'm taking a few days rest from exercise as I'm enjoying the Easter break very much spending some time with Mrs. Floyd. Even going out clothes shopping in Hull yesterday was really nice, ending up with a marvellous fish and pattie meal at an old town pub.
Today I'm going to a town called Driffield to check out some of its real ale drinkeries with a pal (or two, see who turns up at the station). It's a place I've only ever visited once before and I haven't set foot in any of the 16 bars there either. Should be a nice, warm and pleasant afternoon.

I'm off work all next week too and there needs to be some good old spring cleaning around and outside the house and garden.
I'm sure I'll also be finding time for the gym afterwards though.

Have a lovely weekend folks
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 11:17 AM

Enjoy the sunshine Floydy and have one for me in Driffield. We used to call in there for something to eat after running the Bishop Wilton Half Marathon. nice little town....

Mrs Fox was out of action last weekend as a serious chest infection cut her down. A visit to the Doctors on Tuesday put her on the road to recovery. However I developed a chesty cough on Wednesday as well as feeling crap! It looked like my Thursday run might be in jeopardy but I went out anyway and felt a whole lot better, even though it wiped me out for the rest of the day.

A cautious run yesterday and was surprised to find I was still alive after five tough miles. I might reduce Sunday's run from ten to a six, although I could probably still get round a ten, but it would take all of my energy and leave non for recovery....Happy Easter Guys....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-04-2019, 11:19 AM

Sorry to hear about you and Mrs. F not been too good Bob. Nice little recovery run yesterday though.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mrs Fox was out of action last weekend as a serious chest infection cut her down. A visit to the Doctors on Tuesday put her on the road to recovery. However I developed a chesty cough on Wednesday as well as feeling crap!
Damn, that chesty cough is really doing the rounds. I hope you and Mrs. Fox get over it soon.

No gym for me this weekend, sadly, because of the Bank Holiday weekend. I went there today, expecting it to be open on the Saturday, but it was all closed down. I'm getting twitchy without my gym!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:01 PM

I’ve been slacking off.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-04-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’ve been slacking off.
That's fine, Bratti. Same here.
Just enjoy the sunshine

Page 279 of 370 « First < 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top