Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 06:03 AM

Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone.

Just about light here and looking very grey overhead, just like yesterday, although that turned out to be a very nice, warm day.

Not much planned for today. Yesterday’s gardening efforts left me with a painful, aching back and hip as is often the case. No gardening today though whatever the weather or I could finish up with real problems. It's called 'being unfit' I believe!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:12 AM

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Morning all.

Baz - you're doing the right thing to rest your back. Gardening can be quite a hefty form of exercise, digging especially as it involves 'unsymmetrical' twisting of the joints which encourage aches and pains. It's necessary to take regular breaks by walking around a bit and stretching to regain your posture.

Nice and sunny still here but it's due to turn a little later I believe.

A short gym session soon but no leg work as they are very stiff from yesterday.

Later, a meet up with three buddies for a catch up and a beer.

Have a good day everybody
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:24 AM

Good morning all

Its cooler here in Yorkshire and we have rain forecast for later...that will be a godsend though as we had terrible fires on the moors around us over the weekend they are now under control but the moors desperately need a good soaking.

Off into Harrogate today with pals for lunch ...looking forward to that.....the pub we are going to is always a treat.

Have a good day all whatever's planned
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Baz - you're doing the right thing to rest your back. Gardening can be quite a hefty form of exercise, digging especially as it involves 'unsymmetrical' twisting of the joints which encourage aches and pains. It's necessary to take regular breaks by walking around a bit and stretching to regain your posture.

– Snip –
Thanks for the advice Floydy, the first session of gardening often leaves me like this but I will 'get there'. It's a combination of old injuries (motorcycle accidents), sitting at computers (work) for years and of course, like us all, getting older.

Enjoy your gym session and later meet up for a beer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:50 AM

good morning Kiddiewinks

Thought for the day. Why is the sky so high? answer ,so birds don't bump their heads. Oh well I tried.

Chest still giving me gip even after taking pain killer pills, no doubt given time etc.

Well it is a grey overcast morning and turned a lot cooler, enough to put back on a thicker pullover.
Doing nothing isn't retirement great? no bosses (except one and you know who I mean) .No worry about work any more or meeting impossible targets. Wish I could have retired after the first day of work.

Think another cup of coffee is needed so ta ta for now
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
good morning Kiddiewinks

Thought for the day. Why is the sky so high? answer ,so birds don't bump their heads. Oh well I tried.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 08:15 AM

Good morning all.

Beautiful and sunny here.

Nothing really planned for today, going into Town about 11am then having Fish and Chips for lunch.

Have a nice day all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 08:47 AM

Hi

Good Morning All.

Just loaded up the car for a trip to the tip this afternoon.

Clinic first, 3 hours and heavy rain forecast for later.

Have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 08:59 AM

Good morning everyone a dull start.

Day 3 of my kitchen spring clean, yesterday I cleaned the cooker and polished all my pans today I should finish cleaning and sorting the cupboards.
I love it when all is clean and tidy.

Enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Good morning all sunny at the moment but plenty of dark clouds are lurking around.

Feeling quite stiff today after our day out in Weston yesterday, we did a lot of walking and its taking its toll this morning.

Enjoy your day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top