Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 04:58 AM

Re: The return of the dissident IRA

Originally Posted by fender ->
Maybe Joe could disappear again, so we don't have to listen to his terrorist supporting nauseating drivel......
Same old line.

Easier than arguing the point.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Same old line.

Hi

There is no point to argue.

Shooting an innocent solves nothing, it is just plain wrong.

NI voted to stay in the UK, the correct way to change things in a democracy is by voting for change, not killing people.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:15 AM

Same old line.

Precisely how do you argue with those who advocate killing innocent defenceless people ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:34 AM

Why don't the people of the other two kingdoms campaign for a United Ireland?

Ireland has been a major pain in the arse since Cromwell. Time for a change.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:42 AM

Do you mean the Scots and the Welsh ?
Why should they care ?
Probaby delighted they don't have the terrorists facist idiots to deal with .
Most of the Irish don't care either just a few diehards .
Its less about the reunification of Ireland than the IRAs criminal activities .ie drug trade
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by bruce ->
why don't the people of the other two kingdoms campaign for a united ireland?

Ireland has been a major pain in the arse since cromwell. Time for a change.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you mean the Scots and the Welsh ?
Why should they care ?
Probaby delighted they don't have the terrorists facist idiots to deal with .
Most of the Irish don't care either just a few diehards .
Its less about the reunification of Ireland than the IRAs criminal activities .ie drug trade
No, the English and the Scots.

Wales is not a kingdom.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe not but Joe is referring to something that happened in 1971. Surely he needs to get over it.
It's easy to tell someone else to "get over it" when it's one of your lot that's slaughtered.

The British Fusilier, Lee Rigby, was hacked to death 6 years back, but I wouldn't mind betting that you lot will still be banging on about it until the day you die.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:13 PM

It's easy to tell someone else to "get over it" when it's one of your lot that's slaughtered.

The British Fusilier, Lee Rigby, was hacked to death 6 years back, but I wouldn't mind betting that you lot will still be banging on about it until the day you die.
Hopefully Lee will not be forgotten by people of our generation but although it was a terrible act of violence in time he will be forgotten.

Maybe the Hillsborough event exemplifies the mindset. The principle of let's find someone to blame and take revenge on them, even if as in the case of Hillsborough the root cause of what took place was an out of control mob.

And even if it was the fault of someone else then carry on with a witch hunt rather that eventually drawing a line under it and working forward.

I want to take a thing very close to me and a bunch of my relatives - the Shoa.

Millions of "my kind" were put to death industrial style.

And yet me and "my kind" for the most part manage to accept that the people who did what they did and the people who supported them and the people who knew what was being done yet did nothing must be committed to the past and although what happened must never be forgotten a witch hunt achieves nothing.

Admittedly the worst of the worst such as Eichmann was hunted down and put on trial but only the worst criminals were hunted and caught and put on trial.

Maybe I'm biased but if me and my kind even after the terrible things done to us can deal with such things is it so unreasonable to criticise those who don't want justice, they just want revenge.

Even if in cases such as Hillsborough they were the root cause of what happened?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Same old line.

Not really,

Just not worth arguing with UJ - waste of time.
Life is short enough....

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top