Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 02:54 PM

Re: New 'Brexit' section

I thought it was a good idea as it's going to be such a huge thing for the forseeable future .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Oh for goodness sakes grow up! I took the time to put the section up and moved all EU threads here so you could all see what it is like in 'real life'.

Perhaps I should be like most other admins, and in future just do what I feel is best without bothering to ask members what they think!!
Rubbish you have form for this, i am grown up. You asked for our opinions sorry if you dont like it when we give them. Do what you like its your forum.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 02:56 PM

Oh for goodness sakes grow up! I took the time to put the section up and moved all EU threads here so you could all see what it is like in 'real life'.

Perhaps I should be like most other admins, and in future just do what I feel is best without bothering to ask members what they think!!

I think Nom made a valid point , if you had put the title something like the Brexit section , instead of asking what we thought ..
Im going back into my shell now ..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:06 PM

I think it would be handy to be able to find these threads in six months, a year or so. We can then see if folks worries or predictions were right.

Just saying...
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think it would be handy to be able to find these threads in six months, a year or so. We can then see if folks worries or predictions were right.

Just saying...
They'll be available in the archives !
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:37 PM

Yes I think it's a good idea as I think General chat should be just for that but notice EU is creeping into that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
They'll be available in the archives !
Too important, I think, to have to go searching for!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

26-06-2016, 03:44 PM

Plus they'll clog up the Politics section.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:44 PM

Perhaps I should be like most other admins, and in future just do what I feel is best without bothering to ask members what they think.
Well ..it's like this Azz.
You could be like the government and have a referendum and expect half of us to be disgruntled and peeved... without feeling you had to resign afterwards, of course.

Or ..you could just do what you feel is best, like the EU, and risk having about half of us disgruntled and peeved ... but have no worry over a leadership challenge and hope the malcontents vote OFFit or something else with an equally catchy sound to it.

Best of luck with it.

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
I thought it was a good idea as it's going to be such a huge thing for the forseeable future .
I feel partially responsible for this as it might have been my remark about all the threads been merged which provoked it.
I like the idea too if only because this could roll on for months or months...or as long as Article 50.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:49 PM

Hi

Personally I think it makes sense.

I disagree with Malcom that it will be a nine day wonder, it hasn't even started yet.

The fun will really start when we see what sort of deal we get and what that means in real money.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top