Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Re: New 'Brexit' section

I too was amused by the contradiction that you set up a Brexit section then asked whether we thought you should.... OK, I'll go away now and grow up....
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Personally I think it makes sense.

I disagree with Malcom that it will be a nine day wonder, it hasn't even started yet.

The fun will really start when we see what sort of deal we get and what that means in real money.
What I meant was the monopolising of the Daily News Channels and Newspaper headlines would be a nine day wonder and will be quickly relegated when the next terrorist attacks occur or some other famous personality dies or is accused of historical sexual offences etc.
The actual exit of the U.K. from the EU will of course be a subject for discussion for years to come.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:08 PM

Seems odd to me and will probably lead to the Politics & Gov being neglected, even important threads being ignored. On top of that there will bound to be topics that will start out as one but end up with references to the other resulting in even more split threads. Afterall Brexit is politics ain't it?

Sorry, don't make much sense to me.

Why this change anyway? Some busy-body complained about something again?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:10 PM

I'm not too sure the Politics section will be overly neglected.
There's always a few nasty threads in there to keep it alive and kicking.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm not too sure the Politics section will be overly neglected.
There's always a few nasty threads in there to keep it alive and kicking.

Hi

Well said Morty.

Plenty to keep us all busy in there, what with Labour imploding and UJ's Communist Revolution.

Never a dull day.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I too was amused by the contradiction that you set up a Brexit section then asked whether we thought you should.... OK, I'll go away now and grow up....
Perhaps the title of the thread was confusing - I've changed it and left the post itself intact
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Perhaps the title of the thread was confusing - I've changed it and left the post itself intact
You should consider getting a job in the EU as their policies don't make any sense regarding their members either .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:41 PM

I took the time to put the section up and moved all EU threads here so you could all see what it is like in 'real life'.
Don't understand that Azz
I note you never answer my posts Azz...is this deliberate on your part or am I being too sensitive ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=Azz;935726]Oh for goodness sakes grow up! I took the time to put the section up and moved all EU threads here so you could all see what it is like in 'real life'.

Perhaps I should be like most other admins, and in future just do what I feel is best without bothering to ask members what they think.

If that happens you can blame members like Nom and Malcom who just can't help themselves in resorting to childish remarks when they don't get what they want![/QUOTE

I gave answer to your posed question, how is that a childish remark. ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Anyway, let us know what you think!
That's the last time I'll let you know what I think !

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top