Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 11:07 PM

What a Shambles!

There has been no better illustration of the appalling leadership Britain has endured since the war than the Brexit referendum.

Cameron had no plan B.

Johnson had no plan A.

Labour had no plan.

From afar the only leader that looks to have any plan is the First Minister of Scotland

Now what? so far all they have achieved is dividing the country and, if this morning's papers are to be believed, have unleashed the hounds of overt xenophobia.

The world looks to Britain for guidance on how not to do things. Sad really.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 11:13 PM

Re: What a Shambles!

I voted remain
But the votes are in ..
We have to WORK together to make it work
ALL of us. .
Bickering is pathetic
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 11:21 PM

Having a plan is not the problem,
...getting agreement on it is.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Cameron had no plan B.

Johnson had no plan A.

Labour had no plan.
You've been duped sir.

There is only ONE political power and all the above work for it. That power DID have a plan and it is being executed before our eyes. Divide and conquer is the strategy, they are going to create chaos and bloodshed via the instigation of either all out civil war or a number of events in different cities of that nature, not to mention a few (cough cough) terrorist attacks thrown in to boot.

They are going to incite the nation against Islam and they are going to incite Islamists against the West and instigate a Holy War. They will let this go on for a period during which time many will die in the conflicts. Then they will step in with military force (which will have deliberately held back up to this point), enforce Curfews and generally restore order. There will then be an entirely NEW PARTY, not conservative, not Labour but a new label. Whatever they call it, it will of course be the New World Order and our freedoms and privacy will disappear with its advent. So too will the UK disappear as it is now and in its place we will have a non-country, flooded with Muslims who will be the vast majority.
White people will be the minority and many will already have emigrated or fled to safer countries.

The only thing that will prevent all of this is a total revolution by the people of the UK, rising up, taking over key areas of the country by sheer numbers.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:02 AM

Nicola Sturgeon has a plan alright . She wants independence for Scotland .
She makes out she is disappointed with this EU referendum result when in actual fact it's just what she wants . It's a good excuse to have yet another referendum .
I saw her being questioned by Andrew Marr and very quickly she was made to look like a fool .
She is a power crazed dangerous woman .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:11 AM

I think it was because no one actually believed the people would speak, they thought they didn't need a plan, hence the outrageous claims by some leave campaigners and the pm doing a massive flounce when it went the opposite way. Listening to radio last night one mp actually said its because they allowed the plebs to vote, they really shouldn't have asked the question if they didn't want to know the answer.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:57 AM

Just listened to an interview with George Osborne where he was asked why there were no plans made for leaving.
He said that plans were made for the monetary side of things and I think this is so and that he did his job.

It looks as though Cameron didn't do his job and failed to make any post leave plans. Apparently this was because the various factions of the Leave campaigners had different visions for what they wanted to see post leaving and he thought that decision should be theirs.

I think Cameron never considered Leave could win but when it became a possibility they might he made his mind up to go beforehand.
Instead of this he should have been talking to the various Leave factions in order to work out a plan months ago, heaven knows he has had enough time .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:01 AM

I fail to see to the problem?

1 = leave the EU
This takes up to 2 years which gives plenty of time to discuss whatever needs to be discussed and deals struck that need to be struck.
2 = business as usual

Where is the problem?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:09 AM

I was disillusioned with mainstream politicians before the referendum, and the past few days have only confirmed that
The result was clear enough, but instead of getting on with it, all they seem to want to do is to find a way to slide out of it, or at least to delay things as much as possible

Yes, I go along with MKJ
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I fail to see to the problem?

1 = leave the EU
This takes up to 2 years which gives plenty of time to discuss whatever needs to be discussed and deals struck that need to be struck.
2 = business as usual

Where is the problem?
I agree ! There you never thought that would happen

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top