Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:03 PM

Re: Changing your Mind ?

I don't make decisions on a whim or change my mind on one either. So no I won't change my vote the same one I made 40 years ago .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:14 PM

I cannot understand why anyone who had made their choice, on reasons they believed were good, could even consider changing their minds. This isn't a choice of which flavour ice cream you want, it is about what you believe is best for the future of this country... so if anybody would change their mind it would suggest that they had not considered their reason for voting as they did, or they were giving way to bullies who wanted them to vote the opposite way.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:20 PM

I wouldn't change my vote, now that it's been decided, and there's no way back, would it not be a good idea if all parties got together to work out some kind of plan/way forward?, after all they all tell us they have the UK's interests at heart !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:22 PM

Vote for Hobson, that is the way it is, don't worry, be happy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
I've no regrets about voting the way I did. However I do wish that those leading the campaigns, on both sides, had been honest with us and presented us with some sort of idea of what they thought the way forward was. As it turns out, I think we were deceived by both sides, neither of which had any idea how to handle the aftermath, hence all the falling out and generally bad tempered abuse that's now flying around.
Good post Graculus, Both sides of the debate prior to the referendum was pathetic and an insult to our intelligence. Nothing that was said on either side influenced the way I voted, and I pity anybody who relied on the media to help them decide.

As a sixty five year old I have lived through the ever changing face of the EU since its first conception, and I don't like the way it's going. Because young people have not had the experience of seeing the changes over the years they would have been wowed by the bias reporting of the media, and Cameron's misuse of his position as PM. (He should have been neutral and acted like a referee to see fair play from both side) This is probably why the majority of young people voted the way that they did.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
I've no regrets about voting the way I did. However I do wish that those leading the campaigns, on both sides, had been honest with us and presented us with some sort of idea of what they thought the way forward was. As it turns out, I think we were deceived by both sides, neither of which had any idea how to handle the aftermath, hence all the falling out and generally bad tempered abuse that's now flying around.
Exactly my thoughts too graculus, and no doubt others agree.

I can't quite believe what we're left with. Total shambles. We're all left dangling not knowing what direction we're going in with no-one to lead us.

Meanwhile everyone is watching the abuse, fighting and back stabbing, which makes me feel ashamed of what our country is becoming - or should I say become.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 11:51 PM

No way my mind was made up long before the referendum, based on my own opinion formed by years of personal experience at the hands of the EU and machinations by the Tories and their scare tactics.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:00 AM

To my mind it’s a very sad outcome. I agree that both campaigns were unworthy of the name. The issue at stake was very complicated. With hindsight I do wonder whether it should have been decided in this way. You know what people say: ask a silly question…
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Exactly my thoughts too graculus, and no doubt others agree.

I can't quite believe what we're left with. Total shambles. We're all left dangling not knowing what direction we're going in with no-one to lead us.

Meanwhile everyone is watching the abuse, fighting and back stabbing, which makes me feel ashamed of what our country is becoming - or should I say become.
No need to worry Pesta, the country is doing just fine, once the money markets settle down we will probably be in a better position than we have been in for thirty years. Some companies are already reporting benefits.

You have been listening to too much media coverage (they love a good scrap, it gives them a purpose) There is too much at stake for us to be left dangling in the wind. Cameron's departure was only cosmetic, he has never been the one who made the big decisions, it's like Realist is always saying, the people who run the country have got things in hand, it was never in doubt.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 11:04 AM

Hi

At the present time nobody knows how it will pan out.

If Boris does not deliver on his immigration deal, I have no doubt that some will change their minds.

If the remain were right about the finances and there are more cuts and tax increases, others will also change their mind.

Conversely if it is good for us, some who voted remain will also wish that they voted for leaving.

It all depends on what deal we get, far too early to say what the outcome will be.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top