Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 03:49 PM

Re: Brexit: The Generation Divide

Originally Posted by Meg ->
so sad that some people keep pushing the immigration angle wish can only serve to make any divide worse.
That's their entire intention and agenda, to create as much unrest as possible to try and force the government to back track.

It won't work. I for one do not fall for that tactic.

I don't hate Remainers, and I will gladly sit down and talk it out with them, peacefully, thoroughly and honestly. A tiny minority are desperately trying to cause as much noise as possible. It's much like a 5 yr old who has been told he can not have that bag of sweets throwing a tantrum and then when the tantrum screaming and shouting didn't work, start throwing toys around and anything he can get his hands on.

It's a childish immature response.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 03:50 PM

I think a lot more of the ones I know prefer to go off to Australia or New Zealand even just for a year or so
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 05:07 PM

Dont forget they got an extra day or so to vote because the registration site was down for 2 hours, not very rigged by the government then.

Every trick in the book.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Said on the news this morning 37% of 18-25 year olds voted

The other 63% REMAINED in bed or went to Glastonbury ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
@ Muddy...
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Maybe they were on Facebook
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Azz that video a terrible cliched example of what some people think the differences are

It has absolutely nothing to do with the referendum voting divide that applies to many of us (who also voted out in 1975 when apparently more people left the country than arrived )

I find it so sad that some people keep focusing on the immigration angle which can only serve to make any divide worse.
Agree.

For me it was the loss of sovereignty In fact our laws are imposed by people that have not been voted in by any Country in the EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Agree.

For me it was the loss of sovereignty In fact our laws are imposed by people that have not been voted in by any Country in the EU.
Hi

I totally agree.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What is making me slightly bemused at the moment is number of young saying this will stop them going to work in Europe, if the numbers saying that went we would have seen Europe over run by British teens looking for work most of them have never even thought of going before this vote.
Just what I was thinking, took the words out of my mouth.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Agree.

Me too Galty

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top