Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 07:31 PM

Re: Brexit: The Generation Divide

The thing is, anyone can go off and go and work anywhere in the world.

I watch the great TV series about Border Controls in both Canada and Australia. No end of people trying to get their way into the country to either work or stay illegally that get caught out.

But all the country requires is for you to do the Visa paperwork. Why is that a problem?

The border controls there are probably the envy of the world, but if you genuinely want to go work there all you have to do is acquire the necessary work visa. Youngsters are good at filling forms in aren't they?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 07:51 PM

I'm amused by some of the claims made on behalf of the young and how they will be cheated out of this and that after Brexit.

I was a callow youth of 17 when we were taken into the EC by Ted Heath without so much as a by-your-leave. Being a bit of a rebel (you are at that age aren't you?) I took umbrage at our joining especially with the attitude of the French so when the chance came to vote leave or stay, I voted leave.

After forty years of experiencing this crap and the ever encroaching EU on our daily lives I voted for exit again. This time it was successful I tried to explain all of the problems of the EU to one of my grandsons who was voting to remain (don't worry folks, I still love him ) and said that if Remain won, that he wouldn't come to regret his decision when he gets to my age.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:28 PM

I think it is time to calm down, it is over and done and dusted, whether we like it or not, we can't change it.
I think best we can do is sit back and watch how the parties are going to be made up, and who is going to be our new PM.
Labour party haven't a clue what they want, and it looks like trouble at mill for the Tory party, interesting few weeks to come.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:30 PM

Hi

First Meg, yes we were daft enough to play by the rules.

You could always buy a bent cucumber everywhere else.

Realist, you can get a work visa for both Australia or Canada, but only for certain occupations.

The student limited work visas will still apply.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
For me it was the loss of sovereignty In fact our laws are imposed by people that have not been voted in by any Country in the EU.
That is the main reason why I voted to leave (as I did in 1975). Although our political views are pretty much opposite, we seem united by our insistence that we control our country! I think that is why the leave vote won - millions of people with a whole range of political views were all united on that one factor.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top