Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:18 AM

Surge in Lib Dems membership

10,000 new members after EU vote.

The Lib Dems say more than 10,000 people have applied to join the party since the UK voted to leave the EU.

The party launched a campaign after the Brexit vote, using the hashtag #Wearethe48 - a reference to the 48% of people who voted to remain in the EU.

Leader Tim Farron says the result is "reversible" and said he would campaign to keep the UK in the EU at the next election, whenever it takes place.

Senior Tory and Labour figures insist the result must be respected.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36664531
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:42 AM

Re: Surge in Lib Dems membership

Hi

It is inevitable, that given the state of the jokers in the two main parties at the present time that people are looking for alternatives.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 08:02 AM

I think they are more likely to be disaffected Labour party members who are fed up with the take over of Labour by left wing extremist. With the activists threatening to put Jeremy Corbyn back in if he lost the leadership and having the numbers to do it they must have lost hope.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 08:19 AM

They are looking for alternatives I hear greens have had a surge too. Interesting time in politics. Not sure I would characterise the left swing in labour as activists many are like me been pushed out by blairites and feel we are just getting back our party at last. Haven't felt represented for many years so much so voted UKIP where to be honest I felt uncomfortable by some of the members stance on race but didn't know where else to put my vote
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 08:34 AM

Good news for the Lib dems it would be better still if they had a credible leader.
It seems to be a failing across the board at the moment.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top