Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 05:58 PM

There you go - Federal State

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...rnment-in-the/

This is why we needed to be out.

However the cynic in me suggests that they are going to quickly push to be a Federal State so that when the government refuse democracy and refuse to let us Leave we will then have no choices at all as we'll be trapped in that federal state. Shocking.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:09 PM

Re: There you go - Federal State

Originally Posted by Realist ->

However the cynic in me suggests that they are going to quickly push to be a Federal State so that when the government refuse democracy and refuse to let us Leave we will then have no choices at all as we'll be trapped in that federal state. Shocking.
Hi

I take a different view entirely of the proposals.

It is the EU starting to reform itself.

They are taking back the real power from unelected Eurocrats to directly elected representatives from each member state.

Whilst we have MEPs, they do not have much real power.

This proposal will effectively neuter Juncker and his mates.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:13 PM

An elected European government will never happen, too many vested interests and snouts in troughs to allow it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:20 PM

I interpret it to mean another layer of mysterious maze-like mind numbing EU bureaucracy.

Interesting to see, also in the news, Ms Merkel is gunning for Junker.
She's climbing to the top is that lass, treading on everyone in the way in her hobnail boots.

Don't mind me .. I'm still struggling to imagine Turks in fezs sitting in a new European Parliament.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:30 PM

Not sure what it is but something about Merkel bugs the hell out of me.

I have kinda warmed to Juncker as he sure likes to get loaded at times apparently. He appears to be quite a character .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

I have kinda warmed to Juncker as he sure likes to get loaded at times apparently. He appears to be quite a character .
Lol ... you mean he drinks Brandy for brekkie and is hardly ever completely sober
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Lol ... you mean he drinks Brandy for brekkie and is hardly ever completely sober
Yes .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I take a different view entirely of the proposals.

It is the EU starting to reform itself.

They are taking back the real power from unelected Eurocrats to directly elected representatives from each member state.

Whilst we have MEPs, they do not have much real power.

This proposal will effectively neuter Juncker and his mates.
Tend to agree.

Some are calling for Juncker to be removed.

Interesting times.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Well many of us predicted it, and now they're openly admitting it!

If and when it does come about, and all the EU countries (hopefully not including the UK) are effectively under the jackboot, I just hope they don't expect us to land on the beaches of Normandy to rescue them again.

Even if we could!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:47 PM

Who is Juncker)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top