Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 01:50 PM

Re: Death threats

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Once again, people failing to read a post properly.

Did I say it was ALL young people?

Oh, and Goldilocks, you are an old person too!
No you didn't, and from what I have seen on line particularly, it's young people attacking older ones about this referendum, not respecting a democratic decision.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 02:09 PM

I am talking about intelligent debate on forums I had visited recently JBH. Some sllly comments but in the main quite enlightening . It all depends on which paper you read, which forum you visit etc etc etc. Are you just taking in by all media or do you make up your own mind. Like I do. For goodness sake man they want you to be at each other's throat.

Yeah I am recycled teenager. I am doffing my cap backwards and going to duff up some grannies and young people at the same time

My last comment get back to getting the UK back on track.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I am talking about intelligent debate on forums I had visited recently JBH. Some sllly comments but in the main quite enlightening . It all depends on which paper you read, which forum you visit etc etc etc. Are you just taking in by all media or do you make up your own mind. Like I do. For goodness sake man they want you to be at each other's throat.

Yeah I am recycled teenager. I am doffing my cap backwards and going to duff up some grannies and young people at the same time

My last comment get back to getting the UK back on track.
Yes indeed. Because I inadvertently misspelled your username, you intentionally changed mine.

I assumed that being here you were an over-50 adult!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes indeed. Because I inadvertently misspelled your username, you intentionally changed mine.

I assumed that being here you were an over-50 adult!
Oh dear oh dear auto correct is being blamed for Brexit. Apologies had not realised. Unsubscribe from thread my brain hurts. If you hadn't realised Monty Python
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 04:55 PM

I don't know why everyone is so fractious ...

Anyone who wants to leave the UK can...including young uns.
Especially young uns.

The German Vice-Chancellor has said Germany should offer citizenship to young Britons.

And in Rumania there's even a campaign going offering to adopt unhappy Remainers.
I think that last one should perhaps rightly be in the Brexit Humour thread.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 07:23 PM

I've spent days now trying to explain to young people on another forum pre Eu we did have travel to Europe and they also came here, carrying on as if we have proposed moving the country away from Europe rather than just decided to come out of a trade agreement.
Goldielocks
Spain

05-07-2016, 07:48 PM

Nobody knows what is going to happen its a two year leaving process. Until there is firm negotiation it's guess work. Why are folk trying to assume. Let's all just wait and see
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 08:51 PM

Returning to the topic with which this thread was originally concerned, I'd like to know more about who has been issuing these death threats.

Perhaps it was disgruntled young people who were... well... just being young people.

On the other hand, there are a lot of 'mentally challenged' people around these days. We read about them regularly in the news and, of course, a recent example was that assassination of a young Labour MP. It only takes one to follow up on their threats and so I sincerely hope that, in the presence of these published statements, the police are investigating thoroughly.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:31 PM

Hi

I am an Enforcement Officer of 40 years plus.

Death threats are part of the game.

95 % of them are from idiots.

There is absolutely no reason in having Enforcement Officers who back down in the face of threats.

I can totally understand Tpin and his reasoning about how some have to.

I am very fortunate in that I and my colleagues do not have to.

We do not offer the same degree of protection to Police, Prison Officers and Ex and Current Military.

We should be doing exactly the same.

We do not, shame on us.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top